Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you charge for this roof

Pjj

Premium Member
Just wondered what ones would charge to clean this conservatory roof external only access to the Bach side and one end isn’t great 

B63E762F-7056-4A65-B333-9C97CF9758F8.jpeg

54F4E4CF-935A-4713-BEBB-D79DAD497AA6.jpeg

87049BB7-AC56-4C1A-9F1D-5FC87941D9EF.jpeg

I’d only take that on if I was desperate, ive had a bad experience with difficult access rooftop it’s not auful but difficult enough to put me off, I’m sure plenty on her have the skills and know how to get it done easy but I hate difficult reaching jobs I try to find/ pick easy work. Having said that if they accepted my price of £250 I’d swallow my pride and grumble to the Mrs how hard my day was. 

If it had been perspex then probably £60, being 6'5" a few steps up a step ladder would solve awkward panels. With it being glass then probably double if they were already a custy. Would pass on the job if they weren't. 

That's a real pain that job since its glass and if bits keep coming out from the seals could take hours to rise off.

if it was a regular customer I say 120.

one off I aim for 140 to 150 depending on the stat of the glass and tbh if it's a one off I hope I don't get it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

20 panels of self-cleaning glass which is pain for rinsing down unless you have access to a outside tap I would want £150 up north, but i've sacked off add on's now thankfully.

Iv had bad experiences with glass roofs, they can catch you out and be a nightmare and since i dont really want or need the add on work i would be wanting £150 at least depending on how bad it looks.

Thanks for your comments I was thinking £150-200 this is a regular customer we do a lot of work for but was intrested to get ones views on pricing to see how I compare to others don’t want to be way to cheap or ott with the price , I think that’s reasonable for a conservatory that cost £40-50 k 

I must be missing something about how long that roof would take to clean?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would hope to have it done I ln two hours max.

I once cleaned one that took me all day, hot summers day and some of the algae was welded on and I couldn't get the pressure on working off ladders to shift it, I had to use a scraper. Not only that but some of that self cleaning glass needs rinsing and rinsing and rinsing 

I think it's worse in summer but I always approach galas roofs with caution, they can catch you out 

That's why I'd quote higher than a plastic one. I would probably do that for £70-£80 if it was plastic. 

We did this last Friday took 2 hours and it was a lot dirtier than it looked the roof is self cleaning glass , yes right that’s why it needed cleaning 

6098E468-5A26-4FCE-8A5C-AF6A1A428E4D.jpeg

7A7BE364-D8EC-4D71-BBC7-24B3AC3E04CA.jpeg

1DE9D254-9F3C-4B1D-90D2-A9EDA415A3C0.jpeg

When you say "we" does that mean there were 2 people so it took 4 man hours?

I did the conservatory roof , and the other guy was doing the house windows and Softwashing the front elevation which was a bit green with algy : we will be pressure washing the drives of 3 of the houses in this close and also the privately owned road in a few weeks time 

I have just bought a boss narrow scaffold which I would have used, looks really professional. But now that I have so much work (Rained off today, so going to price another job) I would charge £200. If I didn't get it then I would be happy. Too much work is actually worse than too little because all you end up doing is postponing the work and upsetting the customers.

scottish cleaning service said:
I have just bought a boss narrow scaffold which I would have used, looks really professional. But now that I have so much work (Rained off today, so going to price another job) I would charge £200. If I didn't get it then I would be happy. Too much work is actually worse than too little because all you end up doing is postponing the work and upsetting the customers.

http://www.bossscaffoldtowers.uk.com/boss-evolution-ladderspan/evolution-ladderspan-850mm-x-1.8m/evolution-850mm-x-1.8m-ph-1.2m-wh-3.2m

got it in January on Ebay, £700

Back