Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack batteries

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Anyone else having trouble with these? Had three fail today! All charged up over night.

I’ve one that’s older, still going strong, been cycled hundreds of times. Having to run four guys off two pumps now.

We keep hours in a heated garage. It’s s oain but all pumps batteries poles and hoses come in if there’s a frost, saves a lot of hassle. I’m looking at them now and the older one is a shengoeli. The newer ones (last six months) are blank. Are they the same?

Looks like it’s the ‘farm king’ type that are failing. Should they do the same number of cycles as the older ones? We very rarely run them flat so it’s a surprise that three should go on the same day.

Looking at your past purchases you have bought 1 in February 2018, 2 in November 2017, 1 in March 2016 and 1 in August 2015,

In that 3 separate backpacks have failed on the same day would generally  have to point to a common external factor having affected them.

Usually this would be down to cold weather either in storage or whilst working during a day or a few days work. If you were working locally last week then your temperatures during the day were as low as -6°C.

Another less probable possibility would be that for some reason they did not charge overnight.

If you drop us an email to [email protected] with the serial numbers of the backpacks affected we can look into this further for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I left my trolly(pure freedom) in van during the cold ,if a battery freezes does it do iriversable damage?
Battery shouldn't someone correct me if i am wrong, also best to charge your battery after each work day as can cause reduce the lifespan of the battery. Although that did nowt for my halfords leisure battery only getting a year out of them and they come with a 2 year warranty.

Looks like it’s the ‘farm king’ type that are failing. Should they do the same number of cycles as the older ones? We very rarely run them flat so it’s a surprise that three should go on the same day.
Even though batteries backpacks etc can go wrong. It sounds pretty certain something the owner has done for all to break on in same day! It's like me owning 3 Ford fiestas all bought at different times they could break down at some point but if they all go on on same single day I'm probably something to do with it lol!! Expect its the weather I know guys whos packed up trying to work below freezing last week

It depends on what battery you have. A lithium ion has no memory and can be charged anytime and lasts for decades. But if the battery is the old type then it will last 2 to 3 years and is probably the one that breaks down when frozen. If you can buy a lithium ion type then buy that even if it's more expensive and you wont have any problems. I've had one for over 10yrs and still works fine, they say it can be charged 3,000 times and I can vouch for that.

Back