Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Brush Advice

windowgleamtrowbridge

I’m looking for a bit of advice.

Looking to invest in a Gardiner SLX 25. But I’m too spoilt for choice when it comes to brushes...

I’m wanting two brushes. One for windows and also a sill brush.

Any suggestions for a beginner WFP?

My main two brushes are a medium mixed and an soft flocked, ones for scrubbing ones better for leaded windows.

i prefer the supremes myself but suppose its a personal choice?

Black Flocked sill brush for leaded, conny roofs, gutters / fascias, Supreme Natural Hybrid Soft Bristles for cleaning or the Medium Mixed Hybrid either really.

ive used them all prity ,much and i think the best for me is ultmate  ive hyst treated my self to a supreme stiff and and a supreme flocked i found the stiff to stiff and not my cupa t but the ultmate stiff i realy like so the supreme stiff will be for conny roofs plasterd in bee pollon im using the flocked at the minit and realy liking it

I don't see the point of spending £100's on a lightweight pole and sticking a brick on the end like a sill brush, Get the new Ultimate with dupont bristles melts on to glass and frames like a soft flocked bristled brush but has the scrubbing power of a yard broom with inner bristles. 

I used to use older brushes for f.s.g's  well worn in and can take a beating and still do a quality job on add on's 

i do reget geting the supremes as the ultmates are a bit liter the extra few grams make a lot of difference when your waving 20 odd ft of pole about over connys and aquad angles , i woyld love it if @Alex Gardiner made a brush thats inbetween a ultmate and a extreme or even a extreme with a much dencer packed bristels that woyuld be a winner for me :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

i do reget geting the supremes as the ultmates are a bit liter the extra few grams make a lot of difference when your waving 20 odd ft of pole about over connys and aquad angles , i woyld love it if [mention=66]Alex Gardiner[/mention] made a brush thats inbetween a ultmate and a extreme or even a extreme with a much dencer packed bristels that woyuld be a winner for me:2_thumbs_up_-_animated:
You never know what the future brings, Before the ultimate range was released I mentioned to Alex that a lightweight version of the SL would be ideal brush, Still waiting for me royalties [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've been using a constructor brush from Reach-It, now that is a brush of all brushes, I know £150, but, I've had it for 2 months and I've easily got my money back, it's so quick, I'm 15% quicker with this brush. On 3rd story hydrophobic glass it's a dream, there is no lifting off to rinse. I was doing about £250/£270 per day, I now hit £300+ most day, would never go back

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I am using the ultimate DuPont/hybrid. 

This brush is awesome, it feels like a microfiber on the glass, I have tried them all but this to me is the best brush by far.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the look of the reach it brush i use hot water tho and kill brushes so spending £150 on a brush that only last me 4 months tops would do my head in ,im not shore what the brushes are rated to tep wise?

one thing i hate tho is perry and his kiwi attatude when it comes to critasizium  he reminds me of richard from tecbuk  :1f602:

Interesting about hot water effects on brushes,does it realy eat em! I use a sill brush, cause iam a vet tradder,i used to leave sills lovely cause I wiped emm,Even now with sill brush(x line) there no way near as clean,  as buy hand.Please tell me how you guys who don't use sill brushes,clean sills? Hydro blade(constructor) has a sill brush,but it dosent look that beefy compared to the sill section of my x line.

one thing i hate tho is perry and his kiwi attatude when it comes to critasizium  he reminds me of richard from tecbuk  :1f602:
Hey Tench. Enough on the Kiwi attitude ?...I’m a kiwi and we’re a fine, evolved, gentle race ? Perry’s lived in Oz from about the age of 15 so let’s blame them... ?

i like the look of the reach it brush i use hot water tho and kill brushes so spending £150 on a brush that only last me 4 months tops would do my head in ,im not shore what the brushes are rated to tep wise?
Mate you buy replacement bristles for the constructor brush, apparently they are cheap too.

I tried one though and have to admit i did not like it, it felt foreign!

You can buy different types of bristles so you can get some stiff for the hot.

I am using the ultimate DuPont/hybrid. 

This brush is awesome, it feels like a microfiber on the glass, I have tried them all but this to me is the best brush by far.
Gotta agree, I bought the Tucker brush when it first hit the UK market and loved it but my shoulders never, the Gardiners Ultimate dupont is over 200g lighter than the tucker 

Interesting about hot water effects on brushes,does it realy eat em! I use a sill brush, cause iam a vet tradder,i used to leave sills lovely cause I wiped emm,Even now with sill brush(x line) there no way near as clean,  as buy hand.Please tell me how you guys who don't use sill brushes,clean sills? Hydro blade(constructor) has a sill brush,but it dosent look that beefy compared to the sill section of my x line.
hot water does kill them a lot quicker i had a extreme natral and it was fine on my super max 47 then last week i chucked it on my xline 20ft for the day and i killed it :1f602:  the ultmate stiff brush lasted quiet some time to be fair thats my fav brush so far im using the supreme flocked now so will see how that goes 

i was guna get the tucker as well but the waight put me off 200g is my max for a brush these days
When i bought back in 2016  the fb chatter was stating a lower weight than the actual weight, i put it on my digital scales and soon discovered it was way over what had been said 

Back