Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A look inside a univalue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I agree with your Mark. Its a brilliant piece of kit. I have to admire how Steve sees something in regular use and adapts it to suit. The moment I opened mine I saw a duplicate of my Parker Jotter ball point pen mechanism.

Mine started getting stiff to operate so I lubricated the o ring with some Vaselene Petroleum Jelly and its been fine ever since. 2 years old and still going strong.

Don’t know if anyone else has tried this but I have mentioned this a couple of times before; if you are using PU pole hose, either Exceeds blue or Gardiner’s green or orange, try not using o clips to fasten you hose to the Univalve. Just warm the hose with boiling water and push it on. I’ve been using mine like this for over a year now and never had one pull off, even when using water at 45 degs. PU hose just seems to tighten when pulled on. It certainly reduces the risk of breaking the Univalve when removing the hose. (This doesn’t work with pvc hose)

To remove the hose you can carefully cut along the side of it at the hosetail with a sharp craft knife until you get it thin enough to split or carefully pour boiling water over the hose in the same place and tease the softened hose off.

Back