Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

no water softener before ro system.. anyone tell me why

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The purification system Froze and cracked .. the softener I repaired with new parts but the Merlin casing was old as I've been using for a long while .but nobody could supply the part I needed . So looking at new systems there is no water softener before ro system.. anyone tell me why

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would imagine that the reason why is that the majority of us don't have water that is that bad so don't need one.

For those that have then it would probably be better to invest in a unit designed for the whole house.

A water softener really just removes the heavy metals of magnesium and calcium ions from the water and replaces them with sodium ions. Sodium ions are kinder to r/o membranes but a water softener doesn't actually reduce the tds of the incoming tap water.

If you are sad to say goodbye to your Merlin then the PRF is its replacement.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/commercial-ro-complete-systems/prf-ro-reverse-osmosis-unit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back