Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cox or Gardiner's rollers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The blue ones are rubbish the rollers are plastic and ware very quickly and chip easily the bottom ones are very good but if using 8 mm hose hot it is a tight fit through the gap in the rollers , just re read the pictures you have posted it says they are adjustable width mine are from Grippatank and Arnt adjustable as far as I know ?.. they are very good rollers 

Cox ones are rubbish below are mine which were fitted last April, the R/H angled one did take a bit of battering from my inline tap when reeling in with my electric reel, My very good neighbour fitted the new one's today, I got the double backed roller guide for underneath the van but I didn't manage a decent pic Oliver @GrippaTANK was good enough to attach an appropriate bracket which needed some new holes drilling which was offered by himself after contact via email 

20200102_142219.jpg

20200102_142157.jpg

20200102_142357.jpg

20200102_142550.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue ones are rubbish the rollers are plastic and ware very quickly and chip easily the bottom ones are very good but if using 8 mm hose hot it is a tight fit through the gap in the rollers , just re read the pictures you have posted it says they are adjustable width mine are from Grippatank and Arnt adjustable as far as I know ?.. they are very good rollers 

If you look carefully you will see they have a couple of holes in the side plate so you can locate the rollers closer together. Just undo the bolt, take it out, move the roller to the new locating holes and relocate the bolt. You can do it with just one of the rollers or both on the photo. I presume the roller underneath has the same arrangement.

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippareel-stainless-steel-surface-panel-mount-hose-roller-guide

If you look carefully you will see they have a couple of holes in the side plate so you can locate the rollers closer together. Just undo the bolt, take it out, move the roller to the new locating holes and relocate the bolt. You can do it with just one of the rollers or both on the photo. I presume the roller underneath has the same arrangement.

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippareel-stainless-steel-surface-panel-mount-hose-roller-guide

Mine are now 5 years old and arnt adjustable there is no second hole to put them on , I have just bought new ones from water works and theses are adjustable but I think it depends who the supplier to them is as I have noticed some are some arnt adjustable from other firms to 

Mine are now 5 years old and arnt adjustable there is no second hole to put them on , I have just bought new ones from water works and theses are adjustable but I think it depends who the supplier to them is as I have noticed some are some arnt adjustable from other firms to 

One of the biggest issues for me has been that these fairlead derivatives have a very narrow space between the rollers. They are fine for the purpose they are sold for - a winch cable.

I didn't realise that Grippa sold these with a wider gap between the rollers. TBH had I been able to justify fitting fixed internal hose reels into my van for my round, then I would have bought a number of fairleads off Ebay and made one frame with the longer rollers from 2 donor fairleads.

I didn't want the connector on the end of my hose permanently outside as it didn't fit through the gap between the rollers.

The other issue for me is that even having rollers wider apart, I still have to get down to a low level to retrieve the hose connector when it's fed through the floor. For a youngster who is fit an agile, this isn't a problem in the same way it wasn't a problem for me 30 years ago. These days I have to calculate how I'm going to get back up again before I get down onto the ground.  ?

I don't recommend this old age lark to anyone.

One of the biggest issues for me has been that these fairlead derivatives have a very narrow space between the rollers. They are fine for the purpose they are sold for - a winch cable.

I didn't realise that Grippa sold these with a wider gap between the rollers. TBH had I been able to justify fitting fixed internal hose reels into my van for my round, then I would have bought a number of fairleads off Ebay and made one frame with the longer rollers from 2 donor fairleads.

I didn't want the connector on the end of my hose permanently outside as it didn't fit through the gap between the rollers.

The other issue for me is that even having rollers wider apart, I still have to get down to a low level to retrieve the hose connector when it's fed through the floor. For a youngster who is fit an agile, this isn't a problem in the same way it wasn't a problem for me 30 years ago. These days I have to calculate how I'm going to get back up again before I get down onto the ground.  ?

I don't recommend this old age lark to anyone.

Lol yes I know what you mean I have hot systems in my vans so have return to tank feeds that the pole hose connects to whilst driving so it doesn’t have to go inside the van , but the exceed Inovation release sleeve does fit through the waterworks rollers if you want it to 

Latest Posts

Back