Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan jets against pencil jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daz M

Just looking for feedback on the fan jets. How do they fair against pencil jets? Pros and cons would be apppreciated 

Fan jets perfect for pvc cleaning and first cleans of glass imo.. pencil jets for maintenance ... I switch back and forth experimenting as I have 2 100 degree fan jets and two pencil jets in each of my brushes, just as matter or disconnecting the water supply tube 

Personally don’t like  fan jets I prefer pencil jets as you can get a better curtain of water running down the glass : also fan jets are less accurate and it’s easy to hit the walls with them putting dirt off the walls onto the glass if not careful 

I find the red 50° jets very brittle amd easy to break

Don't know if different plastic on the 100° but they have taken a battering and not broken yet

I use a lot more water with the red jets find have to turn the controller up, love the black jets seem to get a wide even fan of water without sacrificing high water usage.

i always used pencil jets but got some black fan jets and now got both in my brush i find the fan use more water but i like the spray on the glass but pencil better at getting water flow down the window so am back on pencil 

Love fan jets, they needed a higher flow than pencil jets on my system, but I find they sheet way better, especially the black ones. Does need to wait a split second to get the sheeting going, but then it rinses beautifully!

I like the 100 degree jets on gardiners rinse bar, that extra bit of spacing gives a much wider spray, I can rinse most windows in a single downward pass. It’s quicker and you can use less water, I set my system to 35 and it’s more than adequate.

Back