Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sodium Hypochlorite

TheCheekMaster

Just a quick one.

I cant find any building merchants near to me to source Hypo, so i may need to buy off eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302657594914?ViewItem=&item=302657594914

I have seen this work on drives, patios, rendering but how effective is this on normal brick walls and tarmac? 

Also a guestimate of what percentage this should be mixed at all of the above items.

Does anyone have any before and after pics or vids on this

Thanks

Try a farm supply store farmers use it to steralise milking parlours , dairy hypochlorite is what you want 

What ever you want to use it on but some say don’t use on Tarmac as it will bleach it , we haven’t had  a problem using it on Tarmac though 

I have bought some SH 15%

I have also bought a viton battery operated 15 litre sprayer.

I have done a test spray with water only on my drive way (2 cars) and this will use around 4 litres of liquid.

How do i work out the what percentage i should use, as some references state i should use 3% to 10%, i have even seen someone mentioned that the mix should be 50/50. I understand depending on how bad the area, is the more concentration you should use.

Is there a calculator one can use to work out the figures? I am planning on testing my driveway soon when the weather improves.

Thank you

So how does this differ to SH?

Thank you for your input so far

Its exactly the same diferent name 

We use 15% strength hypo and mix it 4 parts or ltr of water to 1 part or 1 ltr of hypo make sure you use ppe to protect yourself : we find this mix works well for most things but you can make it a bit stronger or weaker as needed also keep applying it if needed give it 15-30 muinits or so between coats walk away and don’t look at it or it will appear that nothings happening bit like waiting for a kettle to boil , then when you come back you will notice a big difference 

Its exactly the same diferent name 

We use 15% strength hypo and mix it 4 parts or ltr of water to 1 part or 1 ltr of hypo make sure you use ppe to protect yourself : we find this mix works well for most things but you can make it a bit stronger or weaker as needed also keep applying it if needed give it 15-30 muinits or so between coats walk away and don’t look at it or it will appear that nothings happening bit like waiting for a kettle to boil , then when you come back you will notice a big difference 
 Thank you. 

I don't know what it's like because I've never used it but Resiblock now do a one coat tarmac restorer called Resimac and the results look impressive - not cheap though
I have seen the tarmac paint stuff on two custys drive one looks good years later but they drive straight on and off no wheel turns, the other was done earlier this year and doesn't look great because they have a much bigger drive and turn the wheels on the drive which I guess is causing it to come off here and there, it does look better than faded tarmac though. 

Back