Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advertise

I had a web site but I found the fees stupid for renewal

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

£150 renewal usually. I believe word of mouth the best. Got asked yesterday regarding my new signed van, customer didn't know it was mine. Get out there and mingle and be seen and work will find you. Try and get in first in any new estate being built, don't go in cheap just to get it.

If you mean a fee for your chosen domain name i only pay £5.99 a year or if you mean a fee for hosting your website i only pay £14.99 a year my domain name servers and hosting are managed by http://tsohost.com which are highly recommended for hosting etc and have 24hr support, baffled as to were these high fees are coming from unless they have you on a expensive hosting plan which isn't always required if site traffic is low to average. 

In the early days i was with yola.com bit like godaddy then about 5 years i switched across to tsohost so i have everything in one place along with my domain name email all of which can be managed in one place. 

If you mean a fee for your chosen domain name i only pay £5.99 a year or if you mean a fee for hosting your website i only pay £14.99 a year my domain name servers and hosting are managed by http://tsohost.com which are highly recommended for hosting etc and have 24hr support, baffled as to were these high fees are coming from unless they have you on a expensive hosting plan which isn't always required if site traffic is low to average. 

In the early days i was with yola.com bit like godaddy then about 5 years i switched across to tsohost so i have everything in one place along with my domain name email all of which can be managed in one place. 
Just had a look at that sight and it's come back 189.00

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The £189 I'd probably for the site builder option?

Sounds like you are getting confused on what you are paying for.

A domain name is usually less than a tenner a year and is simply to register your www. Address.

Hosting is to host your website on a server. 

You can get company s that just offer hosting, it can be as little as 2 quid a month for one site.

You will then usually pay a fee for someone to design your site which say is 300 quid. That's usually a one off fee then you just pay the hosting and domain every month/year.

Some companies might day it's £15 a month that for your site building and ongoing hosting .

There's no need to pay more than a fiver a month for hosting. 

We pay £30 a month for hosting seo, any changes we want doing. If there are any issues, they’re dealt with as a priority.

Worth every penny.

Other advertising we do is 

Canvass ourselves 

Hire in Canvassers

large scale leaflet drops

Targeted addressed postcard via Royal Mail 

Back