Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats your thought on this brush???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

Been doing some window shopping, and come across this on the cleaning warehouse

Dupont sill brush

Whats your thoughts?? I know Gardiner's has just released one with same bristles, so wanted your opinions. May get this instead of the universal/new ultimate (my poles water genie anyway) just fancied your thoughts on it. Used water genie brush before and wasn't too bad, just very limited range, last time I got one off them was when I first started wfp and they only had one brush out.

Looks the same as the X-Line sill brush, very similar weight too which is fine for ground floor but after a full day you will feel it when you do upper floors. I think X-Line are cheaper than that, they have rinse bars too which are handy.

Personally I wouldn't and couldn't use a brush weighing in at 280g way to heavy to be using day in and day out as a everyday brush, I'd struggle on one house with a brush that heavy 

Personally I wouldn't and couldn't use a brush weighing in at 280g way to heavy to be using day in and day out as a everyday brush, I'd struggle on one house with a brush that heavy 

I agree sill brush’s are way too heavy for everyday use. Have you thought of using a longer gooseneck and swivel set up great and easy for cleaning sills. Then you can use any lightweight brush you fancy. Also it’s nearly £60 without delivery.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What's it like on leaded and though 

It's decent on diamond lead but the inner bristles can bounce a little on square lead unless you work left to right. I have being using it since last Monday and i am flying through my work dupont bristles are on a whole new level compared to mono. 

Last edited by a moderator:

It's decent on diamond lead but the inner bristles can bounce a little on square lead unless you work left to right. I have being using it since last Monday and i am flying through my work dupont bristles are on a whole new level compared to mono. 
Yeh same here, first day using it today, I love it! I’m using the Gardiner one, got it with my new pole. In the words of Will Farrell in ‘Blades of Glory’ when he’s talking about his hair brush “I could not love a human baby as much as I love this brush” 

My mate got the gardiner DuPont the other day and has bent my ears forward and backwards about it, totally loves it, faster, great scrubber, upstairs sills ok he went into the house and looked out top window. As I have a brush fetish looks like I will be shelling out again, I have the xline DuPont but I took out the rinse bar and put in pencils as that bar aint got enough uuumpff to them.

My mate got the gardiner DuPont the other day and has bent my ears forward and backwards about it, totally loves it, faster, great scrubber, upstairs sills ok he went into the house and looked out top window. As I have a brush fetish looks like I will be shelling out again, I have the xline DuPont but I took out the rinse bar and put in pencils as that bar aint got enough uuumpff to them.

Back