Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, andy1992 said:

Was a gardiner one. Not sure exactly which version it is. Tbf I was only doing gutters and fascias with it and then when I went back to windows I just assumed it was weak and went for tank setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the latest one mate;

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/portable-systems/the-gardiner-backpack/new-gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html

There are a bunch of reviews on their site about it but I can tell you first hand its my favourite investment yet!! You could sell your tank and switch to containers instead of tryna set up your tank in a car. Like you said, imagine it floods haha.

The other thing to check before jumping to a car is that your new insurance company will allow you to transfer your no claims discount from a van to a car. It could be that the insurance on a van ends up cheaper than a car if you are forced to go with a specific company because of this.

With regards to fuel usage... If 3 seats is enough for you then you may be surprised. My 2L diesel Vivaro van uses about the same amount of fuel as my 1.7L Astra. I put this down to me not being able to floor it with the van haha

Edited by P4dstar

If you get a Citroen Berlingo Car you can get a 210 litre upright tank in the back, I've got a bilge pump in the tank hooked up to a re-enforced Vacuum hose and a fuel delivery gun it takes 30 seconds to fill a backpack, I've got 3 lengths of hoses with Slicks connected so if need be I can work 40 metres from the Backpack if need be by joining them together, with my set up I find I can cover all jobs, from the car, mobile, or through the house I spent 8 years carrying 25 litre containers and it was hard filling them and carrying them to the car and emptying them in to Back Packs I would never consider a trailer with my round as it would be a nightmare and if you needed to reverse you'd be in trouble. 

20180313_131354.jpg

If you get a Citroen Berlingo Car you can get a 210 litre upright tank in the back, I've got a bilge pump in the tank hooked up to a re-enforced Vacuum hose and a fuel delivery gun it takes 30 seconds to fill a backpack, I've got 3 lengths of hoses with Slicks connected so if need be I can work 40 metres from the Backpack if need be by joining them together, with my set up I find I can cover all jobs, from the car, mobile, or through the house I spent 8 years carrying 25 litre containers and it was hard filling them and carrying them to the car and emptying them in to Back Packs I would never consider a trailer with my round as it would be a nightmare and if you needed to reverse you'd be in trouble. 
20180313_131354.thumb.jpg.a9fa8458f5a6b4ae97a9fbb2163b4cec.jpg
wouldnt want to be in that if you crash!!!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app