Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO New Model Citroen Dispatch Owners

Tuffers

Not sure if there are many on here, but I want to pick your brains. 

I've had mine from new and today it cut out on me while driving. I pulled away from a roundabout in 2nd and went up to 3rd, then all of a sudden it lost power, I had the radio on so couldn't hear the engine. I thought as I was going up a hill that I must have put it in 5th by mistake so I shifted down to 2nd. No power at all. The road was very narrow, power steering non existent so I put the hazards on and rolled back onto a verge. I tried turning it over 3 or 4 times before it fired up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, everytime I select a radio channel and then turn the engine off, I'll start the engine and 87.5 FM always comes on (which isn't a radio station) and not the last station I listened to.

Another thing is when you stop the engine but use say the electric window and not get out and lock the van and then turn the ignition key it sometimes just does a slight turn of the engine without cranking it over. You have to turn it to off and then turn the ignition on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
what enging is it tuffers  and milege ?   , i had a french van once and it was a electric nite mare but it was the old 2000 reg type 1.9d had nuffing but problims from day one 

Can't help you out with the engine problem (had electronic issues with French cars and vans also) but the radio is a problem with the power supply. If it's resetting then the power is being cut off. I think with some vehicles there is a fuse you can move to a different position to keep power on, sometimes there is a cable supposed to be in the back of the radio as a constant power supply that may be missing.

It might be an issue with the battery, you didnt notice your dashboard light up 'eco mode' did you ? 

Sounds like its going into limp mode which is to protect the engine when a fault develops.Get it onto a computer and see if there are any codes present.Some people disconnect the battery for a few minutes and sometimes that will clear codes in brain.Make sure you have radio code to make radio work again.

Cheers for all the input. It's a 2016 32,000 miles 2.0. It'll be due a service soon so I'll tell them the problems. Forgot to mention that the eco stop start function hardly ever works too.

them 2.0 hdi engines are a realy good work horse ide get it pluged in to the computer asap m8  as u dont wana brake down it could be something very simple like a sencer or battory ect

What i meant by eco mode was limp mode , like micheal anderson said it shuts down the electrics to protect the battery, but this also causes the vehichle to not turn over some times

Same as the pump controllers when tje voltage get too low

I had an older 2007 version, it was the 1.6 but it went into limp mode quite often. Driving along and all of a sudden no power and if you were going uphill you would soon be going backwards. 

If the eco stop start stops working the battery is on the way out it takes a really good battery well charged to maintain the eco stop start system.These are not normal batteries they are high capacity to cope with the start stop.In the winter when using blower,heated windows etc takes more out of battery.Car will start ok but the eco system struggles.

My son had to get one in his nissan the eco start stop was intermittent turned out it was interfering with other electrics.I think he got one from nissan who was a lot cheaper than accessory shops

@Tuffers ive got a 2017 2.0hdi 150bhp.

Never had any problems youve mentioned mate. I did notice that when its freezing outside, sometimes tge radio will cut out for a few seconds and back on especially pulling away from standstill.

The stop start i thought was broken. But it only works in certain conditions.

Not below minus degree although mine sometimes does. 

Not until engines at optimum temp.

It works via a gadget which holds a charge so need to build the charge up a bit. Ive noticed lots of short runs it doesn't work much.

Also make sure your settings turned in for eco. 

I have tried to work out the logic with stop/start but I couldn't. I always believed it takes a lot of energy to start an engine that's why its better to leave it running for short periods. Stop/start must put stress on starter, electrics and everything else. Another penny wise pound foolish scenario if you ask me.

Not quite, i believe that it works kind of like a mini generator which has stored energy so not so much stress on the starter.

Agree it must have some effect on engine wear.

Stop/start is useless IMHO it will knack the turbo because as it needs 10 seconds to slow down before switching engine off ideally plus other premature wear and tear , As for van battery in our job without a decent battery doing short runs stop/start as we do in our working days having blowers on and radio without engine running will deplete the battery. 

I know this because last Monday i had to sit and wait for AA call out as van wouldn't start, Got it started with jump leads and battery checked out ok he said in my job along with the stuff i mentioned above i had ran the battery flat, but its only a 50ah battery in my Vauxhall 1.3 combo 

Not sure if there are many on here, but I want to pick your brains. 

I've had mine from new and today it cut out on me while driving. I pulled away from a roundabout in 2nd and went up to 3rd, then all of a sudden it lost power, I had the radio on so couldn't hear the engine. I thought as I was going up a hill that I must have put it in 5th by mistake so I shifted down to 2nd. No power at all. The road was very narrow, power steering non existent so I put the hazards on and rolled back onto a verge. I tried turning it over 3 or 4 times before it fired up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, everytime I select a radio channel and then turn the engine off, I'll start the engine and 87.5 FM always comes on (which isn't a radio station) and not the last station I listened to.

Another thing is when you stop the engine but use say the electric window and not get out and lock the van and then turn the ignition key it sometimes just does a slight turn of the engine without cranking it over. You have to turn it to off and then turn the ignition on. 
have you had any more problems with your van mate? Contemplating on going for a new one 

I had a french car and it started going a bit crazy with electrics. Went to the Peugeot garage and they told me it was the wiring loom that went through the drivers door. The wire they used was thin and no slack in it. Eventually all the wires started breaking and the alarm would go off and window go down. One day i sat there joining all the wires together with metal spades and then taping all 23 wires back up. It did the trick and i got 10yrs out of it and gave it to my brother who got another 2yrs out of it. It was a 306 Td and the engine was fantastic but bad electrics. I then bought a German passat which was great but the engine management system was on the passenger footwell. If water got in, it went to the lowest point and that's where the EMS was fitted. Bought it from new and sold it to my mate after 4 years and he is still running it and its a 54 plate. I always buy German now and my Crafter is a 57 plate and looks like new but I spend a fortune on it with maintenance. Put that Catclean in it a few months ago and had a service yesterday. The mechanic showed me the fuel filter which was filthy then i told him about the Catclean. He was saying well at least it did its job and cleaned out the fuel lines.

My 208 citroen dispatch still drives like a dream. I have it from new and i service it twice per year due to high millage (397k km now). Over time most parts broke down but all vans have problems.

French cars require a lot of maintenance. A VW Transporter can drive 500k km without any major repairs. But it cost twice as much as an Citroen van

Window Cleaning Dublin

Tuffers has stopped coming on here for the time being, if you tag @P4dstarin he has a new Dispatch so might be able to give you feedback
Sorry guys, had a really rough month. Only managed one day off before finishing on the 23rd while fighting off a cold. Literally worked and slept for most of it.

I've had a few small issues. The steering lock stopped working, the brackets for the rear doors used to pop off so the door would be swinging free. Nothing major and nothing that would put me off leasing one again. Not sure about purchasing one as those small things become bigger issues then.

Back