Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vac or ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We use a vac most of the time however there are odd occasions when a ladder is still needed , personally I think using ladders for emptying gutters is a bit like cleaning windows with a chamois leather , both ways work but one is more modern approach and far safer ??

Ladders do a better job on the majority of jobs. But as @Pjjsaid it's far safer to use a gutter vac. His comparison, regarding window cleaning, with ladders and WFP is incorrect however as WFP is safer and better. 

I wasnt saying saying ladders were better than wfp , what I was trying to explain probebly badly is that windows used to be cleaned with a chamois leather but times have moved on , emptying gutters with a ladder is now also outdated with the gutter vac , however sometimes you do still need to use a ladder hope this makes sense 

We prefer to do gutters by ladder :/ all the setting up vac to then need ladders just waste time .... 2 man team ladder m8trix , someone footing ladder , pro gutter tools and were done in no time

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Everyone to there own funny we find exactly the opposite , far quicker easier no dirty hands no emptying buckets of dirt every 5 muinits , constantly moving the ladder up and down the thing all the time no thanks : most commercial jobs won’t let you use ladders on site at all we do a lot for anchor trust and they are a ladder free sites we bought a vac for this very reason they wouldn’t allow us to use ladders any more I me glad they took the stance that they did otherwise I probably would still be using ladders for it : they also require a camera survey of before and after cleaning again it’s easy to supply this using the vac, all the management companies that we deal with also insist that vacs are used due to H&s I think in years to come it will be the industry standard just like wfp is now on most sites , trouble is again just like other topic of licensing no one enforces it untill there is an accident then the HSE investigate and look out !!! 

Everyone to there own funny we find exactly the opposite , far quicker easier no dirty hands no emptying buckets of dirt every 5 muinits , constantly moving the ladder up and down the thing all the time no thanks : most commercial jobs won’t let you use ladders on site at all we do a lot for anchor trust and they are a ladder free sites we bought a vac for this very reason they wouldn’t allow us to use ladders any more I me glad they took the stance that they did otherwise I probably would still be using ladders for it : they also require a camera survey of before and after cleaning again it’s easy to supply this using the vac, all the management companies that we deal with also insist that vacs are used due to H&s I think in years to come it will be the industry standard just like wfp is now on most sites , trouble is again just like other topic of licensing no one enforces it untill there is an accident then the HSE investigate and look out !!! 
Oh sure commercial is a different approach I meant residential customers we just use ladders we haven't grown into commercial challenges like that yet :)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wasnt saying saying ladders were better than wfp , what I was trying to explain probebly badly is that windows used to be cleaned with a chamois leather but times have moved on , emptying gutters with a ladder is now also outdated with the gutter vac , however sometimes you do still need to use a ladder hope this makes sense 
I understood what you were saying but in at least half the jobs I do, and all first clears, there is a downpipe  blocked which invariably means I would have to get the ladders to clear it. Something I've never managed to do with a gutter vac 

Back