Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional Is Best

WCF

Help Support WCF:

C-THROUGH

I have picked up loads of customers lately due to being a trad cleaner!

A few have said, "Nice to have a real window cleaner".

I am not having a go at wfp because we all have our own opinion...... In fact carry on wfp cleaners!

More work for me!!!! LOL

Traditional window cleaning does have it's advantages, but the Wfp system is useful to have as an add- on. Why not use both?, after all, if you fall off a ladder what will happen to all the work that you have gained? Remember the addage, he who laughs last laughs hardest!! And better to be safe than sorry!!

working the other way for me, the trad guys cant get too all windows esp over conseravtories, those ones on the 3rd floor of the house and the sky lights on the roof! so me being a wft guy, in one villiage i have take nearly 12 houses off the trad guys there!

i find with a lot of the wfp guys they dont really know how to use it or do the job properly with it, if they was doing it right in the first place and spoke to the customer and explained it right to them they wouldnt loose any of them!

Rcproperty.... I think you are spot on.

Most wfp dont know how to use it properly.
think its the same for both really, so many people think both are easy, but it takes training, time and skill to master trad and wfp. more so wfp tho.

Yeah you are right.

The number of people who have watched me trad and said that they did not realise what a skill it was.

How did you get to tender for council work Rc?

Yeah you are right.

The number of people who have watched me trad and said that they did not realise what a skill it was.

How did you get to tender for council work Rc?
one of the coucil leaders was someone i used to go school with and just asked him if i could put a quote in next time, so he had a word with them and im 1 of 3 companys going for it.

Nice one and good luck!

It helps if you know the right people
cheers, thats the sad world we live in, its not what you know, its who you know! but if i do get it, it will open doors to other councils around so that would be good!

I've had quite a few as well, they say he left it with water all over it or it was really streaky. I just say that when it's done right it's just as good as trad so it was probably their window cleaner that was rubbish and I will be using it as an add on for hard to reach windows as well.

Yeah Dodger I suppose its like all trades, good and bad!

It does annoy me when people assume anyone can grab a bucket or pole and clean windows!

I take pride in my work and always have done since I began in 2001

Yeah Dodger I suppose its like all trades, good and bad!

It does annoy me when people assume anyone can grab a bucket or pole and clean windows!

I take pride in my work and always have done since I began in 2001
thats true lots of people think its simple, its just that we are good at it and make it look simple!!!

Not been doing it long myself but still take a lot of pride in what I do especially since realising myself that it's not actually as easy as it looks to do it well.

Not been doing it long myself but still take a lot of pride in what I do especially since realising myself that it's not actually as easy as it looks to do it well.
bit like being a dj, it looks nice and easy, spin a few tunes, change a few discs and say a few things! easy!!!!!!!

lol well it is easy, put a mix cd in the player and you have a set for about an hour or maybe 2! so just stand there and hold onto one earphone and move about a bit!!!! easy as that! lol

Latest Posts

Back