Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question about DIY setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seanieg

I currently do my cleaning using a gardeners backpack and 25ltr barrels. In the next few weeks I will begin to build a DIY setup in my van. Was just wondering  is it just a case of running hose from tank to pump and then to hose. I want to do all i can to avoid any air blocks. I want to avoid as many schoolboy errors as poss. ( I will be filtering my water at home so dont need to worry about that)  TIA 

yes, its simple as that. if you have a flat tank you may want to fit a non-return valve or isolation tap before the pump as they are worse for air-locks caused by the water moving around when travelling between jobs. Ideally mount the pump as low as you can manage as this will help it self prime.

Yes, you got the basic setup down. There are several good YouTube videos with people showing their systems and all the parts they are made up of. Very educational.

What you need to learn about and decide is thread, barb and hose sizes and types for your system. I personally use garden hose all the way to the hose reel.

Back