Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO Alex Gardiner. Flocked Xtreme?

Marko067

Hi Alex, Ever considered producing a flocked Xtreme?

My favourite brush at the moment is the Xtreme Nat Hybrid. However, I had cause to switch to my flocked Utimate for a job this morning and it felt like a brick on my Xtreme 22 by comparison, and I couldn't wait to get back to the Xtreme brush. I recon a flocked Xtreme brush would be great on your Xtreme poles. I'd certainly use one

My favourite brush at the moment is the Xtreme Nat Hybrid. However, I had cause to switch to my flocked Utimate for a job this morning and it felt like a brick on my Xtreme 22 by comparison, and I couldn't wait to get back to the Xtreme brush. I recon a flocked Xtreme brush would be great on your Xtreme poles. I'd certainly use one
Your too spoiled ?I got to get me an extreme brush next Ive never tried one. 

We used to produce a flocked Xtreme - didn't last that well and was not that popular, so we stopped making it.

We are about to bring out a DuPont Hybrid version of the Xtreme which I think will be very popular.

We used to produce a flocked Xtreme - didn't last that well and was not that popular, so we stopped making it.

We are about to bring out a DuPont Hybrid version of the Xtreme which I think will be very popular.

It's a shame that. I don't want it for everyday use. Just for those few leaded properties on my round.

Even the Xtreme brush is quite harsh on the lead. I really have to be careful not to lift it on some of the older ones. 

I'll definitely try the dupont hybrid when you release it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

It's a shame that. I don't want it for everyday use. Just for those few leaded properties on my round.

Even the Xtreme brush is quite harsh on the lead. I really have to be careful not to lift it on some of the older ones. 

I'll definitely try the dupont hybrid when you release it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

For leaded windows probably the best brush is the 0° Flocked Super-Lite brush - it is not a great brush on other types of window though.

It's not that I think the ultimate flocked isn't a good brush. It's my current favourite for leaded windows. It's just when I plonk it on the pole when I've been using the 95g Xtreme brush, at almost twice the wheight the Ultimate feels considerably heavier, especially when loaded with water at the end of an extended pole.

I sound like a right wuss I know, but I'm all for keeping things as light as possible as it really helps keep RSI to a minimum.

Best brush ever will be............. supreme hybrid with DuPont bristles. 

The supreme stock is the best stock out there in my opinion. I’ve no idea how people clean upstairs windowsills with rectangular brushes. 

At 245g it seems far from super-lite. :1f633:
When the Super-Lite brush range was first released some 10 years ago it really was Super-Lite at just 245g!

Most other brushes being supplied on poles at that time were at a minimum about 380g with the only available Sill brushes weighing in at over 500g. The Super-lite brushes just felt so light and easy to use in those days.

Of course times have moved on and most suppliers now have sourced lighter brushes and we ourselves have brought out even lighter brush ranges (Supreme, Ultimate, Xtreme) to make work even easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the Super-Lite brush range was first released some 10 years ago it really was Super-Lite at just 245g!

Most other brushes being supplied on poles at that time were at a minimum about 380g with the only available Sill brushes weighing in at over 500g. The Super-lite brushes just felt so light and easy to use in those days.

Of course times have moved on and most suppliers now have sourced lighter brushes and we ourselves have brought out even lighter brush ranges (Supreme, Ultimate, Xtreme) to make even easier.

I see, a bit like mobile phones, start off with a brick size and weight and then next to nothing.

anyhow, the future is carbon fibre brush with interchangeable bristles. Only need to buy one brush and change the bristles which would be on straps that click into place. Brush manufacturers wouldn't be too happy but the carbon fibre brush maker would be.  

Of course times have moved on and most suppliers now have sourced lighter brushes and we ourselves have brought out even lighter brush ranges (Supreme, Ultimate, Xtreme) to make work even easier.

So true!!
I remember the first Super-lites and being blown away by them after a few years using Vikan bricks!! I also remember when I had to walk a 40ft pole up the wall to erect it!! Newbies don't know they're born these days!![emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Music to my ears!!!!!!! 

How long are we talking? 

Need to replace wll the supremes on my poles soon, so definitely going to bulk order a lot of them. 

Cant wait! 

Thenks alex. 
When I said on its way - I meant that it is in the development process - not actually on its way to us!

I am thinking it will be a couple of months before we see this on the shelves.

When I said on its way - I meant that it is in the development process - not actually on its way to us!

I am thinking it will be a couple of months before we see this on the shelves.

Atleast its not too far off in the future. 

I genuinely think this will be the best all round brush on the market. I know some like brushes that are as light as possible, but I feel that when using an extreme pole, a little weight is a good thing. (Not too much of course). 

The supreme stock is awesome, and the splay is perfect, great for cleaning upstairs frames and sills, plus pvc doors etc. 

I loved the new ultimate brush with dupont bristles, but I just can’t get on with the rectangle brushes anymore. 

Ill be checking your website every week or so for it’s release. ?

thanks for the info! 

glad im not the only one who raves about supremes, from the day they came out when Alex had them on a deal i bought a few and never looked back since, im the same though i cant work with the bigger rectangle shaped brushes now lol

cant wait for the dupont supremes and if you need somone to test them Alex G feel free to message me!!!!

Back