Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flow Restrictor for RO

Brandon

Can anyone tell me what size flow restrictor I need for my Streamline (Varitech) 600gpd Filterplus Direct Flow RO System.

I’ve had two go bust in the frost and need replacements ASAP!

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is with flow restrictors (they restrict the waste flow and create back pressure) in my mind this is, is that they are rated at a certain psi ml/min and really they sort of do the job but really it is just fudging mathematics, guessing if you like.  And again, this is only my thinking, but if you had some sort of variable flow restrictor... a tap for instance, then you could adjust the flow to match exactly 2:1, 60/40 or what ever it was you were trying to achieve.  Reducing the flow of the waste reduces the life span of the membrane and produces water that has a higher tds, because of the back pressure, but obviously also increases the amount of finished product.  Increasing the waste output increases the life of the membrane, reduces the TDS, but reduces the amount of finished product. So you can choose, but more waste produces cleaner water and increases the membrane life.  I think that is how it works anyway.

So it is just me, mine works fine at the moment, but when it does come time to change my membranes I am going to upgrade them, and rather than fuss about trying to guess what restrictor to use, and again I must remind you this is just my own thoughts... I am going to get a tap.  Start with it fully open, and slowly reduce it until it gives the correct ratio. Check the TDS, if it works fine then it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back