Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ettore contour pro plus

Den

Received this handle today just gave it a quick whirl with a 14” liquidator feels nice enough squeegee  to be honest it feels more or less the same as the combinator. I do like the spring mechanism especially for closing out.

Wait until you have used it for a few days. I feel the optimum size of any squeegee is 12" which I have on my contour pro+ with the liquidator channel. I can't go back to a ridged handle from now on. Will soon get another contour pro+ for my 14" liquidator that I use for patio doors and conservatories.

Yep, they’re no magic bullet. But the spring load on close out can definitely be a bonus.
My 10” combinator works lovely I use it for internals but never really got on with the 14” always left lines in the same place had both from when they were launched, so the 14” was left in the cupboard until recently I remember I had some facelift Razer rubber I had forgotten about so changed over to this and now works really good. 

I do have the occasional odd small bungalow that is easier to trad than waterfed plant pots and flower beds everywhere so thought I would try the ettore defo not a waste of money but not much different from the combinator handle. 

The main difference for me personally was the red rubber.

Wait until you have used it for a few days. I feel the optimum size of any squeegee is 12" which I have on my contour pro+ with the liquidator channel. I can't go back to a ridged handle from now on. Will soon get another contour pro+ for my 14" liquidator that I use for patio doors and conservatories.
I know a lot of people prefer the 12” squeegee but I like the 10” and 14” plus always have my 6” on me at all times for wiping sills or the odd small pane when doing internals.

It seems ground floor customers like to wipe their hand over their window sills, especially after I've been. They told me the other guy never wiped the sills. It seems pretty important not to leave dusty sills because it only takes a wipe and makes a big difference with the customer. 

Yes cleaning sill thoroughly is a must I alway squeegee the excess water of the sill I find the squeegee normally but not always gets under the frame above the sill better than a sill cloth stops **** bleeding out after you have gone.

How you getting on with contour plus handle Den?
It’s a great handle for external windows probably the best handle I have used, but I don’t really do much trad work apart from the odd bungalow here and there ones with many obstacles in the way, I do trad few internals and prefer my modified combinators as I find them quicker with minimum spillage for internals even though most people don’t like them I think they are great. 

It’s a great handle for external windows probably the best handle I have used, but I don’t really do much trad work apart from the odd bungalow here and there ones with many obstacles in the way, I do trad few internals and prefer my modified combinators as I find them quicker with minimum spillage for internals even though most people don’t like them I think they are great. 

Aye, I'm moving into pole work soon, buying a slx 35 next week.

I have the Slx 22 and slx25 with the extensions takes the 22’ to 32’ and 25’ to 35’ much prefer the slx 22 with extensions much more rigid than the slx25 with extension.

if you don’t already have a pole already I recommend the Slx22 as it’s is more shorter and rigid than a Slx25 when closed can use it as a every day pole and buy the extensions separate that way the extensions probably last you forever.

me personally the slx25 is my least favourite pole I only bought it as my son is shorter than me as I can generally get all townhouses etc with my slx 22 only put the extensions on townhouses with consevertory and veluxs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Slx 22 and slx25 with the extensions takes the 22’ to 32’ and 25’ to 35’ much prefer the slx 22 with extensions much more rigid than the slx25 with extension.

if you don’t already have a pole already I recommend the Slx22 as it’s is more shorter and rigid than a Slx25 when closed can use it as a every day pole and buy the extensions separate that way the extensions probably last you forever.

me personally the slx25 is my least favourite pole I only bought it as my son is shorter than me as I can generally get all townhouses etc with my slx 22 only put the extensions on townhouses with consevertory and veluxs. 

Yeah, its crazy, slx35 is 380 and 22slx is 225 plus 74 and 80 means 379 total. so I will do that, cheers

Just like to add the slx22 is the same length closed as the slx18 which is a bonus when funds are available after your purchase get your a slx18 as your everyday pole your slx22 will only have to come out when needed I.e. townhouse etc plus it’s a backup if anything happens to your slx18 I only use my 22 when needed. 

Just like to add the slx22 is the same length closed as the slx18 which is a bonus when funds are available after your purchase get your a slx18 as your everyday pole your slx22 will only have to come out when needed I.e. townhouse etc plus it’s a backup if anything happens to your slx18 I only use my 22 when needed. 

Do you think I should get the slx 18 and 5,6,&7 separately?

Couldn't get on with the handle at all! Spring loading to me appeared to be far too weak, it was springing back as I was fanning, I was using a 14inch blade in it, with loads of soap for slip, so wasn't a friction problem. And was using the lightest pressure I could. Didn't make any difference adjusting spring pressure, as that's only a small amount anyway.
So don't think that handle is for me.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

it suits me to have 18’ separate as I might only use the 22’ for a odd Window here and there but the 22’ is on the van permanently for when I need it, we only take the 25’ and extensions out when we know we are goin* to use them. 

Im quite big 6’2” and 17.5 stone but I alway use the lightest pole I can due to a dicky shoulder my favourite pole is the clx4 lol and trying to future proof myself I’m 50 this year so not getting any younger haha. 

Couldn't get on with the handle at all! Spring loading to me appeared to be far too weak, it was springing back as I was fanning, I was using a 14inch blade in it, with loads of soap for slip, so wasn't a friction problem. And was using the lightest pressure I could. Didn't make any difference adjusting spring pressure, as that's only a small amount anyway.
So don't think that handle is for me.

Polz and bladz mentioned to me a couple of days ago on his YouTube video that they do break and said about getting the unstrung version and slightly straighting in a vice. 

I really like the handle, trade you for a gardner super lite medium mix brush only used for about an hour lol.

Yeah may get that version. I had to put my finger on the back of it to help the spring out a bit, so thought that ain't right!
I'd probably take that trade, but I'm fully trad!
emoji16.png

Could it be faulty? Left mine as it came from the factory feels normal apart from when I close out on the sill then the spring comes in play.

Yeah it could have been faulty?

It's gone back now, and I've been refunded.

Maybe there was a problem with the spring. I've seen YouTube vids with people using them, and on here they're generally well rated.

May take the risk and buy another one!?

Or may just bend a few of my handles in the vice for those odd deep sill jobs.

Back