Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting an Ibolt or similar to attach ladder to

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

Want to put a rachet on top and bottom of ladder but there isn't always anywhere to attach one.  Anyone know something I can buy.  If the screw can be left and eye bolt removed that would be great. 

A google search for reusable ladder anchor should give you plenty of options

http://www.abacus-ise.co.uk/shop/petzl-coeur-pulse-ss-anchor-p-1238.html

306027afade9522ab8ff100d37911aa5.jpg

I used to use the last one - it comes with blanking plugs so you can at least hide the hole once you’ve finished. Some customers aren’t convinced that your safety is more important than a 12mm hole in their brickwork. Mine eventually went missing and I never felt the need to replace it due to always having a microlight and ladder m8trix

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

spacer.png

A google search for reusable ladder anchor should give you plenty of options

http://www.abacus-ise.co.uk/shop/petzl-coeur-pulse-ss-anchor-p-1238.html

I used to use the last one - it comes with blanking plugs so you can at least hide the hole once you’ve finished. Some customers aren’t convinced that your safety is more important than a 12mm hole in their brickwork. Mine eventually went missing and I never felt the need to replace it due to always having a microlight and ladder m8trix

They're aren't convinced hey.  My ladder slipped out on me the other day.  So feck 'em.   It should be law that there's one access point to the roof anyway to attach two rachets when getting on and off roofs.   One at top and one at bottom.

(photos below)   I find this particularly scary. Getting onto a balcony. OK to get on but to get down u have to climb up onto wall from balcony. U can't use the ladder to pull u up either because it's not attached at the top so is no real support.  

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0344.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gsproducts.co.uk/6mm-stainless-steel-woodscrew-ringbolt/

I would just fit this and wouldn't tell them because they probably never see it. If they did, then its easy to remove and its only 6mm hole but our safety comes first.

Pretty pointless in my opinion - how would that stand up if you fall or have an accident. Buy the correct kit to cover your ar$e, kit is designed, tested and approved for this kind of thing so why not use it?

Pretty pointless in my opinion - how would that stand up if you fall or have an accident. Buy the correct kit to cover your ar$e, kit is designed, tested and approved for this kind of thing so why not use it?

Got the same one as you.  The one with yellow  plastic plate.    Did you attach it 3 foot up or at top of ladder?

Got some permanent ones from abacus (the other link u posted) for fascia boards etcThose ladder belts that are tied to ladder any good if you're working up there for awhile? 

I attached mine towards the bottom as I always use a microlight as well which stops top movement. I’d never considered putting one at the top to be honest but it’s certainly a consideration if the work is frequent or you don’t have a suitable stand off.
I used one of these once when I forgot my microlight - I was amazed how well it stuck to the fascia board!
IMG_0647.JPG

I also find these better than ratchet straps - they are quick to strap up and you can use multiple if you need extra length
IMG_0648.JPG

I attached mine towards the bottom as I always use a microlight as well which stops top movement. I’d never considered putting one at the top to be honest but it’s certainly a consideration if the work is frequent or you don’t have a suitable stand off.
I used one of these once when I forgot my microlight - I was amazed how well it stuck to the fascia board!
View attachment 13200

I also find these better than ratchet straps - they are quick to strap up and you can use multiple if you need extra length
View attachment 13201

Microlights can used on walls, flat roofs and sloping roofs.    Surely tieing it at top is the best way though if you're getting on and off a roof  A roofer friend removes tiles and ties to roof batons.  I wouldn't feel confident removing them myself though 

Back