Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buing advice please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

Iam a wfp but some[_one wants me to clean soffits  and gutters.Its a big Georgian house with castleated soffits like this [_[   [_[   [_[   [_[ .Cant getwfp in sothought I buy giraffe p/w to do the job.So someone near me is selling nearly new North star petrol washer,Briggs/Straton,looks like a rotary lawn mower, but it isn't. P/w isn't my main work by any means,sp I don't need anything expensive,are North star allright?Another consideration is noise,would I be better of with an electric,if so could you suggest please.The N/S is going for 100 quid maybe less if I flutter my eye lashes.

If it’s something you are considering taking on more of then why not just get some basic WFP bits. A pole, brush and adaptor so you plug in to the customers outside tap. I’d never consider pressure washing anything like that just in case you dislodge something or aim it in the wrong place. If it’s a one off I wouldn’t even bother, plenty of cash in hand guys around that just do gutter clearing and FSG cleans, if it’s got lots of fancy dentils/corbels/detailing then it’s more than likely wood and more than likely going to be a PITA.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks,Point was icant get in between with the wfp,the sections prevent side yo side movment,tried it last time, having only just converted to wfp,thinking it was going to be a doddle,so did the whole thing by hand,hours of work.Good customer so I like to please Iam glad the Georgian era is over though.By sections,i mean the casleations,lbrush  longer bristles on the brush may help,perhaps unger sill.WhatsPITA please.

Back