Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

zafira question

partytown

Firstly like to say hello newbie to the forum.Im just trying to set up a waterfed system and am very technically clueless.My car mechanic has advise me about getting a diesel van as he said too many stop starts is not good for the engine.I do very few motorway miles.I use a zafira at the moment and am wondering if its viable to strip the seats out and use that.I think i will prob use 300 litres a day.Secondly have been advised to use a leisure battery connected to the alternator to work the pump.Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Just get an older diesel van, try to avoid anything with a DPF. It is not safe to carry a 300l water tank in a car, it will be very difficult to secure it adequately. 

I know a windy with exact setup you want, does work BUT he knows if he crashed he's had it, and is saving up for a van, plus he goes through brakes etc like nobody I know

Thanks for the replys having been reading over my shoulder my missus has told me under no circumstances am i using my car as she cant afford me to have an accident as i have decorating to do.Any thoughts on transit connect as ive found a couple local to me.

Connects are good but check out the steering rack as my mate @Adams0211 needs a new one and I  have since found out it is a common issue 

I have the t230 the same as Adams0211 very happy with it also it's the 900kg payload model cheap to insure tax and good on diesel.

I know a windy with exact setup you want, does work BUT he knows if he crashed he's had it, and is saving up for a van, plus he goes through brakes etc like nobody I know
I would be amazed if he is legally insured, I spoke to someone recently who was just going to drop the seats in the back of his estate car and chuck a 400ltr tank in the back  :1f635:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back