Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve and pushfit connectors

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

I have a swivel gooseneck on my pole along with a univalve, the swivel is great 90% of the time but for fascia cleans I prefer a rigid gooseneck but because of the o clip needed where the hose comes out the gooseneck I can’t change without removing the o clip which isn’t ideal. So the question is can I cut the hose between the univalve and the gooseneck and fit a push connector with a couple of the red locks so I can swap goosenecks easily or will it disconnect when pulling the hose to operate the univalve? Or is there another method I haven’t considered?

You don't have to change the complete gooseneck, just completely unscrew the angle adapter and change the swivel part with the rigid part or just tighten the screw on the swivel.

No need for the red bits.. univalve will be fine

Just shove a pushfit in the join

That's what i do

You don't have to change the complete gooseneck, just completely unscrew the angle adapter and change the swivel part with the rigid part or just tighten the screw on the swivel.

The swivel is in the middle of the gooseneck so I would need to change the whole thing. I tried tightening it, it still moves if I push against fascias though.

No need for the red bits.. univalve will be fine

Just shove a pushfit in the join

That's what i do

Good to know, I will do that.

Cut your pole hose at base and. fit a jg

I already have an ez snap connector at the bottom of the pole. That doesn't help me to swap goosenecks, I need to be able to pull the hose through the gooseneck opening, a fitting at the bottom won’t help that because the univalve will stop it from being pulled through the top, it needs a connection between the univalve and the gooseneck. 

I already have an ez snap connector at the bottom of the pole. That doesn't help me to swap goosenecks, I need to be able to pull the hose through the gooseneck opening, a fitting at the bottom won’t help that because the univalve will stop it from being pulled through the top, it needs a connection between the univalve and the gooseneck. 
Yes you can put a jg in between the univalve and the gooseneck that's what I have

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I have swivel goosenecks with univalves and tubeless with rectus 21 and 0 clip fitted at top of gooseneck. I have always had the univalves fitted with push fit connectors either side without red clips and have never had a problem with disconnecting or leaking. [emoji106]

You can then remove gooseneck and disconnect everything.

I also find this better as can strip pole down and clean it easily and some jobs use a longer reach carbon gooseneck, so can swap and change as I like.

Like this
40da1cc02cffeefd156230046b77c6a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I planned, good to know it works without pulling apart.

My current set up is gooseneck with o clip through to univalve in the pole with rectis ez snap connection 6 inches below the bottom of the pole. Currently I can’t remove the hose from inside the pole which putting a jg fitting between gooseneck o clip and univalve should sort.

Exactly like that, just stopped for sone lunch, thought I would fit the connector and my gooseneck seems to be welded to the pole, can’t shift it at all!

Exactly like that, just stopped for sone lunch, thought I would fit the connector and my gooseneck seems to be welded to the pole, can’t shift it at all!
That's exactly why I change the top part only as mentioned early in the thread, if you are using gardiner gooseneck just unscrew the angle part a change that for the rigid part.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Honestly takes seconds my goose neck welded on to my poles so that's what I do if I need rigid neck for facias guttering. 

Well my gooseneck is well and truly welded to my pole so I will take Den’s advice and swap at the angle piece when needed, no hose cutting either which is a bonus.

Back