Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack hose extension...which hose?

Bart90

Hi guys.  

I'm running a backpack on a trolley and up until today have had the standard short yellow pole hose it came with.  Anyway, today it sprung a leak after 4 months or so.  

I want a new hose that means i can park the backpack at the side of a house and reach round and a tougher longer lasting one.  From reading other threads 30m seems good.  Which hose though?  

There's  gardiner's reinforced flexible pole hose or green flexible 'pu' pole hose . What's the difference and what diameter should i get?

Also can someone explain OD/ID I'm seeing next to them?  Don't really get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Green pu is great.. bigger id (internal diameter) 6mm instead of 5mm which a lot of pole hose is

Od is outside diameter

I used 10m retractable air hose and around 20 metres green pu hose this generally covers around two sides of the average house, I used to reinforced and pu hose but was a pain to keep wrapping around the handles.A3B990F4-3313-4B5A-AE0A-C10AEBB846A6.jpeg

95FCC029-BE73-402C-8C75-412D2C5130A4.jpeg

I used 10m retractable air hose and around 20 metres green pu hose this generally covers around two sides of the average house, I used to reinforced and pu hose but was a pain to keep wrapping around the handles.View attachment 13211

View attachment 13212
Thanks Den.  I like the look of this set up, is it.....  Backpack > orange hose > green pu hose (20m) > airline hose?  Is that right, and does it all coil up in the airline reel?  What connectors have you used to link it all up?

No the airhose is 10m the other approx 15 to 20m pu hose is wrapped around the handles on the backpack that’s because my pole is tubeless, it works for me as I hardly use it otherwise I would probably use a light weight hose reel with 30m of pu hose.

I use 100m of 6mm microbore running from my trolley to the pole hose, leave the trolley in the car with the hose reel just outside (tethered to the car with an old motorcycle security chain). Look at it as future proofing for when I expand and eventually get a van. Makes using the trolley so much more flexible, not having to drag it around.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

IMG_0677.JPG
Might be worth considering an upgrade if your handy with diy. Hose reel made from old electrical cable reel, half inch copper pipe through centre. I’ll post more pics if anyone wants. This was a first attempt and I never got round to making a second smarter looking one as this works so well and custies don’t notice.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Aldi rectractable 10m air hose £20 each they work really well, can do two sides of average house normally have to move the trolley once my son uses the trolley and does back and side and I front and side with van mount.

Aldi rectractable 10m air hose £20 each they work really well, can do two sides of average house normally have to move the trolley once my son uses the trolley and does back and side and I front and side with van mount.
How did you fit hose connectors inside?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

10m Hose is already installed on reel rectus 21 fitted approx 15m pole wrapped around trolley bars as my poles aretubeless with JG fittings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back