Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internal window's

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley john

Hi all I just seen Darren's from green pro clean YouTube video about the internal windows. Just curious what is everyone's average charge for internal I have been charging double. So if the house is 15 quid been charging extra 15 for the inside I take it this is too low. I noticed he said its 2x. Does the customer ever question the extra charge? Thanks in advance Ash.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I tell customers from the beginning that I don’t do insides. I personally think there a pain in the ar5e 
But if the money is there I don't see why not. I was thinking I got two internals next month on two of my biggest houses and by just doing them it pays for an extra person to come with me so I can clear the work up quicker and spend more time knocking on doors around the area.

Ah right I was wondering why it was extra now I know why lol. Going have to up my prices just feel uncomfortable on doing so right now lol

If you're happy then it's your business and you should do what you are. Ideally you should charge double but some good jobs aren't worth risking by charging more for insides. 

For an example I do a pub, fortnightly outside, monthly inside. The price is £60, £20 for insides and £20 for outside. It works out at  £30 an hour so everyone is happy. If I said inside was £40 then I would probably lose the job. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're happy then it's your business and you should do what you are. Ideally you should charge double but some good jobs aren't worth risking by charging more for insides. 
For an example I do a pub, fortnightly outside, monthly inside. The price is £60, £20 for insides and £20 for outside. It works out at  £30 an hour so everyone is happy. If I said inside was £40 then I would probably lose the job. 
That's the thing I don't want to come across too greedy just yet as it's early days for me. I been in business since January solo and its growing really fast however I don't want to risk loosing customers just yet.

But if the money is there I don't see why not. I was thinking I got two internals next month on two of my biggest houses and by just doing them it pays for an extra person to come with me so I can clear the work up quicker and spend more time knocking on doors around the area.

At the beginning of your window cleaning career when your filling time, then I can see why your doing it. However, when your full to capacity, you can start to customise the road.

This means you can get rid of insides, anything that’s awkward ladder wise or customers you simply don’t like.

Eventually going to work becomes a lot less hassle and more enjoyable.

Some don’t mind doing insides, I used to do them many years back when I first started, now I wouldn’t even consider doing them. Shoes, carpets, curtains, ornaments, or splashing about outside singing or chatting with my colleague.

Each to their own etc etc

Loads easier since they banned smoking, Used to be a bloody nightmare nicotine on windows

At the beginning of your window cleaning career when your filling time, then I can see why your doing it. However, when your full to capacity, you can start to customise the road.

This means you can get rid of insides, anything that’s awkward ladder wise or customers you simply don’t like.

Eventually going to work becomes a lot less hassle and more enjoyable.

Some don’t mind doing insides, I used to do them many years back when I first started, now I wouldn’t even consider doing them. Shoes, carpets, curtains, ornaments, or splashing about outside singing or chatting with my colleague.

Each to their own etc etc
Totally agree, Over the years we have all looked for ways to make extra income including add on jobs, its took me almost 18 years but now sacking off all jobs that aren't external window cleaning I've even sacked some of those off as can't be arked to get out early for commercial work. 

Tomorrow I have 2 internals to do.  1 at 2 x £20 and 1at 2 x £15 so an easy £70 for an hour at job sites I'm already at. 

Not about greed. I don't much care for internals but I am a Window cleaner and they are windows. Some customers will always want the service and id rather they had it from me instead of sacking me off for a windy that will do insides. 

Horses for courses lads. you do what suits you best. 

I do a few internals which are done regularly so generally clean, the combinator flies thru them no detailing minimal drips as it mops the glass as working I know their is people that hate the combinatorit but for me it works a dream, as I have modified my combinator to exactly how I like it.

Back