Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro system on eBay

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Collins water supplies are spot on mate I run his 3 stage 40/40 ro, Lee is a very helpful guy so I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again for products and also his replacement filters etc are cheap enough

Collins water supplies are spot on mate I run his 3 stage 40/40 ro, Lee is a very helpful guy so I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again for products and also his replacement filters etc are cheap enough
They might well be but they supply less efficient chinese made membranes which are cheaper.

1% less efficiency can mean quite a bit extra in resin costs over the life time of the r/o.

Personally I would go to a supplier that sells USA manufactured membranes ie Filmtec or Axeon.

Also, the stock he has left are more in keeping with Aquatic systems. IMHO you need at least a 300gpd - a 450gpd would be better and you need to use this inconjunction with an IBC tank. They produce water very slowly.

Well how ever you want to be over 1% is down to the individual, I’m going by experience of the product I received and have been using for just over 12 months and my membrane is still giving a 94/95% reduction rate and I’m yet to change the resin in the 25ltr polishing bottle so seems fine to me. If I remember right spruce the membrane I got from Lee had USA in blue on the side of it but I agree with what your saying about gpd rates the small ones are sloooooooowww in production. 

I got by fine with a cheap chinese 150gpd and 180l holding tank for a year, working with barrels out of my car. With a 350l van mount it wasn't enough so I upgraded to a 400gpd membrane and 600l of storage. It takes most of the night to refill if I use 300l+ in a day, but that's fine by me. It leaves room for the membrane to get worn and working slower before I have to replace it.

Well how ever you want to be over 1% is down to the individual, I’m going by experience of the product I received and have been using for just over 12 months and my membrane is still giving a 94/95% reduction rate and I’m yet to change the resin in the 25ltr polishing bottle so seems fine to me. If I remember right spruce the membrane I got from Lee had USA in blue on the side of it but I agree with what your saying about gpd rates the small ones are sloooooooowww in production. 

My experience was from 3 Filmtec membranes. I purchased them from RoMan which were ex arriving stock from the USA about 9 years ago. I had to wait for the stock to clear customs. These were new to the market 150gpd membranes. They lasted 6 years before they failed. At 5 years old they were still producing a 98% rejection rate.

The Chinese made membranes are cheaper, but just don't seem to last as well.

Latest Posts

Back