Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with leaflets design

Cameronmalson1985

I’m looking at getting afew leaflets made up and looking for some help with designing them. Have anyone got any pictures of ones they used that worked. Also where’s the best place to get them from. Any recommendations. Thanks for help much appreciated 

I want something that will attract people to try me 

Image matters and looking professional is the most important thing imo. I had a company make me a logo, cost £39 and personally I feel it makes a big difference. Anyone can go onto Vistaprint and choose some generic images, but if you have a professional looking brand you will be taken more seriously. If I had 2 window cleaners turn up, one in uniform with logos and professional literature and one in jeans and a notepad, I know who I would choose. It doesn’t cost a lot to look professional but it makes a  big difference.

The general public neither know a great deal about our industry nor care much either so inform them of the services you offer and keep it simple. I have my company logo, the services I offer and contact details along with Facebook page details and a mention to check my Facebook page for special offers. My offers aren’t that special but it’s clickbait to get people on your page and see what you do, every little helps.  Facebook have all their logos available to download for use on promotional materials too.

Image matters and looking professional is the most important thing imo. I had a company make me a logo, cost £39 and personally I feel it makes a big difference. Anyone can go onto Vistaprint and choose some generic images, but if you have a professional looking brand you will be taken more seriously. If I had 2 window cleaners turn up, one in uniform with logos and professional literature and one in jeans and a notepad, I know who I would choose. It doesn’t cost a lot to look professional but it makes a  big difference.
The general public neither know a great deal about our industry nor care much either so inform them of the services you offer and keep it simple. I have my company logo, the services I offer and contact details along with Facebook page details and a mention to check my Facebook page for special offers. My offers aren’t that special but it’s clickbait to get people on your page and see what you do, every little helps.  Facebook have all their logos available to download for use on promotional materials too.
What company done your logo, i went to someone that does signs n there attempt to logo design for me wasnt that inspiring, two water drops. Much appreciated:)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Try Kall Kwik, they were so helpful when designing everything for me. I mean it might depend on the designer you get but they contacted me every day and she pretty much hit the nail on the head first time and I only have a small brief (professional up market, no cartoons or silly fonts) 1000 leaflets front and back a5 good quality was £65. As for what works I don’t believe leaflets do work on their own, but as a canvassing tool they make you look professional. Should be getting my uniform from them soon and my van done as well. 

In terms of a logo design if you know what you want, then http://fiver.com the clues in the title as to cost some work can be higher priced but I have never paid more than £5 for work.

As for leaflets looking professional or flashier they don't have to be that flash, I've had professional leaflets done years ago i got one call from 4,000 . The ones I still have in my garage just spell out what I do basically big logo at the top and tell them what you do and how often in one line headline grabbing format 

I suppose if you think one customer will choose you because you have a logo then its worth it... I doubt it though.

You don’t get chosen because you have a logo, it’s about appearing professional, a professional looking business will always get more attention from customers than a guy in a white van with jeans and a hoody. 

But even if I did get just one customer based on a logo it would be worth it, their business would pay for the cost of the logo, everyone else would get it for free.

Back