Suhrly

Would you like a cuppa?

Suhrly

How many times a day do you get asked if you want a cuppa tea? Me personally maybe twice but I always decline as I just want to crack on and get done :1f61c:

Dr Squeegee

Not often enough! Don't think I've ever turned one down 😂

RapidRyan

4-10 jobs a day. I never say no as when you do they tend not to offer again. I normally drink half the drink and sling the rest as I would need the loo constantly.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Skxawng

I get one most days on older estates. New estates no chance. The guy who passed me on his round when I first started gave me some sage advice like @RapidRyan says; Never turn down a cuppa, chances are they'll never offer again and even if you have to sling a few in the bushes you'll be glad of it come winter.

RapidRyan
I get one most days on older estates. New estates no chance. The guy who passed me on his round when I first started gave me some sage advice like [mention=1908]RapidRyan[/mention] says; Never turn down a cuppa, chances are they'll never offer again and even if you have to sling a few in the bushes you'll be glad of it come winter.

Couldn’t agree with you more. On a cold winters day when most of your customers are out and you find one in and they offer you a nice warm brew. So glad I never declined

Suhrly

I have one customer who has offered me one every clean for the last four years. Never had one yet haha. But I didn't turn down a bacon butty 😂

Skxawng
6 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

I have one customer who has offered me one every clean for the last four years. Never had one yet haha. But I didn't turn down a bacon butty 😂

Wow... Do they have memory issues? 

... never been offered a bacon butty before though! :2_thumbs_up_-_animated: 

Suhrly
3 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

Wow... Do they have memory issues? 

... never been offered a bacon butty before though! :2_thumbs_up_-_animated: 

You need to up ya game then mate :1f61c:

RapidRyan

I once had a customer who was jokingly gloating through the window to me that he was eating a cooked breakfast and I was out in the cold. His wife had a go at him and made him invite me in and cook me a breakfast [emoji23]

Skxawng
13 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

You need to up ya game then mate :1f61c:

I really do! I don't know how to go about it though. Maybe I should get the back of my work shirts printed with "Garage door clean for bacon butty!"

Clisty1989

At least 6 times a day, never turn one down, although in summer when offered I tend to ask for a cold drink, most of the time get a can of coke, Fanta etc so just take it with me. On fsg jobs it's usually 2-3 brews, and on 2 I've had a bacon butty, and one a burger and a hot dog (bit random but not turning it down!) Tends to be the over 50s that offer, although theres a 19yr old single mum that insists on a cuppa and a chat, so some of the younger generations have been brought up with that mindset, which is a future bonus :1f44d:

A Pane In The Glass

I get asked quite a lot... some I turn down if in hurry but 80 percrnt of themI accept .. I know which customers ask now and sometimes it's rude to turn it down and u may not get asked again... plus those coffees turn into nice cold drinks in the summer [emoji16]

mike007

Never yet............take me longer to drink it than it would take to do the house...lol

Eddie dragon

So varied, some days nothing some villages its every house. Never ever say no as they won't offer again. I throw it in when quoting sometimes.  £x plus a coffee if you home. I run on coffee so if not offered I have to go buy one anyway. 

ksp

Anyone had a horrendous cuppa you’ve had to man up and drink?

I’ve had two. One where a polish woman made me a tea which I can only assume was some kind of herbal tea which she had put milk in because I’d asked for ‘white, 1 sugar please’ I can’t describe that taste other than rancid but it looked like the milk had started to curdle once I began drinking it.

The second a guy made one for me and my brother with coffee creamer. We both took a sip, shot each other a look as we were at the back and the owner was watching us from the kitchen, casually walked with our teas to the side of the house to chuck them down the drain.

To agree with everyone else, my dad is a bricky and told me since I was about ten to never refuse a tea or else you’ll never get one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Incheck

2 flasks in the van they stay hot all day, swig here and there job done. Never accept on window cleaning rounds just want to get it done. However if doing a FSG and there for half the day then yeah why not

Suhrly
4 hours ago, Incheck said:

2 flasks in the van they stay hot all day, swig here and there job done. Never accept on window cleaning rounds just want to get it done. However if doing a FSG and there for half the day then yeah why not

Same here Incheck I just wanna clean and move on! If you know you're gonna be there a while then yeah of course. But I don't wanna make a 10min job into a 15-20 min lol.  

Clisty1989

I tend to get it, then take a swig or 2, then when they go in to pay either neck it, or if it's a bad brew or too hot sling it down the drain, custys joke about how I can drink boiled water!!

steve garwood

I keep tea, coffee and hot chocolate in three separate jars in my van. 

I take a flask of hot water and a flask of milk (as I have cereal for my lunch) so have a drink at around 11 and another around half one, so I never except a drink from a customer.

Talking of drink, it’s pub time 🍺🍻. Have a good weekend windies 🙂

adamangler

Not that often, couple.of times a week maybe.

Only time I accept one is on a longer job like an fsg. Not got time to be supping tea on regular windows. Id be happy if no one ever offered, save me saying no thanks. Don't know how some of you can be drinking numerous pots of tea a day, don't you have any work to do....

Edited by adamangler

Iron Giant

Hardly ever but i only accept from 2 houses, one is a mate and we spend 30-45 minutes talking so always the last job of the day and the second is client who makes fresh coffee, I can't stand instant or any shop bought coffee.