Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you like a cuppa?

Suhrly

How many times a day do you get asked if you want a cuppa tea? Me personally maybe twice but I always decline as I just want to crack on and get done  :1f61c:

I get one most days on older estates. New estates no chance. The guy who passed me on his round when I first started gave me some sage advice like @RapidRyan says; Never turn down a cuppa, chances are they'll never offer again and even if you have to sling a few in the bushes you'll be glad of it come winter.

I get one most days on older estates. New estates no chance. The guy who passed me on his round when I first started gave me some sage advice like [mention=1908]RapidRyan[/mention] says; Never turn down a cuppa, chances are they'll never offer again and even if you have to sling a few in the bushes you'll be glad of it come winter.

Couldn’t agree with you more. On a cold winters day when most of your customers are out and you find one in and they offer you a nice warm brew. So glad I never declined

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

At least 6 times a day, never turn one down, although in summer when offered I tend to ask for a cold drink, most of the time get a can of coke, Fanta etc so just take it with me. On fsg jobs it's usually 2-3 brews, and on 2 I've had a bacon butty, and one a burger and a hot dog (bit random but not turning it down!) Tends to be the over 50s that offer, although theres a 19yr old single mum that insists on a cuppa and a chat, so some of the younger generations have been brought up with that mindset, which is a future bonus  :1f44d:

So varied, some days nothing some villages its every house. Never ever say no as they won't offer again. I throw it in when quoting sometimes.  £x plus a coffee if you home. I run on coffee so if not offered I have to go buy one anyway. 

Anyone had a horrendous cuppa you’ve had to man up and drink?

I’ve had two. One where a polish woman made me a tea which I can only assume was some kind of herbal tea which she had put milk in because I’d asked for ‘white, 1 sugar please’ I can’t describe that taste other than rancid but it looked like the milk had started to curdle once I began drinking it.

The second a guy made one for me and my brother with coffee creamer. We both took a sip, shot each other a look as we were at the back and the owner was watching us from the kitchen, casually walked with our teas to the side of the house to chuck them down the drain.

To agree with everyone else, my dad is a bricky and told me since I was about ten to never refuse a tea or else you’ll never get one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

2 flasks in the van they stay hot all day, swig here and there job done. Never accept on window cleaning rounds just want to get it done. However if doing a FSG and there for half the day then yeah why not

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Same here Incheck I just wanna clean and move on! If you know you're gonna be there a while then yeah of course. But I don't wanna make a 10min job into a 15-20 min lol.  

Latest Posts

Back