Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Issues

Gleam123

Seems to be one thing after another with this bloody system ive bought!

Im not having issues with my pump, well I say its the pump im not entirely sure. When I turn the pump on I can get just about 15 mins worth of work from it before it cuts out.

I thought maybe the battery was a little low so I left it on for a few hours to charge and went out again this morning and the same thing happened - 15 mins work and it cut out. Now after another 10mins or so itl come back on again but not for long.

I tried plugging in the charger and letting it run to see if it cut out again which it did so im assuming the battery isnt the problem because surely it shouldnt be cutting out if its plugged into an electricity supply?

Anyone else had a similar issue?:mad:

Is it connected to a flow controller?

Sounds like it might be a dry joint on the circuit board - when it is turned on, it works until it gets warm - then the heat expansion on the circuit board breaks the connection.

Or you may have a thermal cut out fuse fitted somewhere.

I can't think what would cause that on the pump - perplexed I am.

Dave

not come across any thing like that could be a loose connect somewhere if you have a flow controller by pass it and see if the problem persists.

Generally the calibration will cut out when the pump is working too hard due to a build up of pressure.

If you disconnect the output from the pump so that it just flows out of the pump, not into any hose - and then run the pump for 15 -20 minutes see if it cuts off the same as before.

Back