Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frustrating customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimbo

Had two jobs today were customers have come out and told me to leave it as they couldn't stand the dirt from recent weather so did them themselves, both customers have my number so could easily have called to see when I was due, so frustrating as one of them seemed to think her Windows were drastically dirty.....everyone's are the same at the minute love, just the bad weather, I can't help that. Feel like telling them both were to go.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had two jobs today were customers have come out and told me to leave it as they couldn't stand the dirt from recent weather so did them themselves, both customers have my number so could easily have called to see when I was due, so frustrating as one of them seemed to think her Windows were drastically dirty.....everyone's are the same at the minute love, just the bad weather, I can't help that. Feel like telling them both were to go.

If you can afford to then do so. If you currently need the business then keep your powder dry and smile later when you tell them that you can't do them anymore 

Exactly, even a quick text, I don't mind putting an extra job on the end of my day if someone needs me, it's easier to ask than do the windows yourself surely. One of them is definitely on a tightrope now, been thinking of dropping them for a while.

I’ve never had this. I text all my custys so they know I’m coming, so when I leave in the morning I know exactly what I’m doing/earning. 
I know exactly what I'm doing a week in advance, I certainly wouldn't mess about texting every customer, I'd never get anything done. Sounds like overkill on the workload that one. Customers know I'm monthly, hardly ever late, just the extra dirt we're dealing with here after the snow, for some reason they just did there own clean even though I'm due this week

I’ve never had this. I text all my custys so they know I’m coming, so when I leave in the morning I know exactly what I’m doing/earning. 
I see it as totally pointless unless they have locked gates, Surely every job on your books can't have locked gates

I have done a few houses this past week or so that have been out and cleaned some of their windows, But i never got turned away even on bungalows 

I certainly wouldn't mess about texting every customer, I'd never get anything done. Sounds like overkill on the workload that one.
It's a click of 1 button and all your texts are done for the week. All gates left on the latch and all customers happy to known when your coming. No messing about at all. Takes 30 seconds to text my whole customer base. 

I text everyone never have to climb walls etc to get in everywhere unlocked and customers have commented on how efficient it is. Also means the few customers who don't pay online leave the money out for me in an envelope so no time wasted collecting. As green says very quick less than 5 mins a week for me to save never collecting or getting ladder out to gain access.

Quite a lot of mine have locked gates, if say 20% . Then theres some that leave the money out so need to txt them as well. Then theres some who just want to know own when I'm coming

I only text the minimum required each day.

Back