Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GoCardless do an article on window cleaning.

This is my payment page get them signed up! https://dialawindowwash.co.uk/payments/
Yes, must great having the GoCardless widget embedded on webpage! 

ive been pushing GC lately for existing customers, I started with the forgetful payers on my round and have made life easier for myself. I’m pretty good at getting them on it but always looking for an extra angle. 

Your sight looks great btw and I like your buisness name easy to remember and to the point.

I have Gocardless but nobody will sign up to it :(

I have tried new customers and existing and any mention of Direct debit or input card details and straight away im shut down :(

So many guys around my area either push customers for bacs payments or drive round collecting cash or card payments

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have tried new customers and existing and any mention of Direct debit or input card details and straight away im shut down :(

So many guys around my area either push customers for bacs payments or drive round collecting cash or card payments

There will be different opinions on how to communicate with the customers, I have a few different approaches. You may find something like ‘ over the next few weeks months I’ll be introducing a different payment method that will make things easier for both you and me’ you may want to text or email them a link to the GoCardless site so they can familiarise themselves, probablythe first time they will have heard of it

Just a small thing but if you mentioned to the customers it'll need their card details, that could be putting them off. You don't need their card details, they just need to enter a few basic details including their account number and sort code.

4 years now I have being using GC I have around 65% of residential my client base on GC and its growing, a handful on bacs and the rest being retired folks who are always around and will pay for their neighbours 

I tell customers we only accept gocardless or cash on the day. But you must sign up to join my schedule. If they don't join up then no cleaning.

I'm in my first year and can't stand collection. For our business cash flow is crucial for our growth and chasing payments cost time and obviously money.

4 years now I have being using GC I have around 65% of residential my client base on GC and its growing, a handful on bacs and the rest being retired folks who are always around and will pay for their neighbours 
As One of the early adopters of the payment system you will have saved yourself so much time! My plan of attack, 1 bad payers & new customers GC.

2 then bacs payers.

3. Decide what to do about on the day Cash payers probably keep some as cash namely the old age clients and convert remaining to GC. 

As One of the early adopters of the payment system you will have saved yourself so much time! My plan of attack, 1 bad payers & new customers GC.
2 then bacs payers.
3. Decide what to do about on the day Cash payers probably keep some as cash namely the old age clients and convert remaining to GC. 
Yesterday loads of of time, on average I used to spend 16hrs a month doing evening cash collections,

Plus I have saved £1,000s annually on vehicle running costs fuel wear and tear etc. It used to cost me £60.00 a week in diesel now I only fill up once a month.

County Durham Lad

I tell customers we only accept gocardless or cash on the day. But you must sign up to join my schedule. If they don't join up then no cleaning.

I'm in my first year and can't stand collection. For our business cash flow is crucial for our growth and chasing payments cost time and obviously money.
What’s your method for signing them up on the day Gaza? 

Yesterday loads of of time, on average I used to spend 16hrs a month doing evening cash collections,

Plus I have saved £1,000s annually on vehicle running costs fuel wear and tear etc. It used to cost me £60.00 a week in diesel now I only fill up once a month.

County Durham Lad

When you look at those sort of time and money savings compounded over a year or even working lifetime its staggering!

What’s your method for signing them up on the day Gaza? 
It really depends.

1. Facebook 

I just send them a message with all the details by messager, this includes the gocardless link.

2. Door sales

I give them the quote and before I leave ask for the phone number and I text them the gocardless link. 

You can improve your door sales by adding a tablet and giving the customer the tablet to sign up. You can do this while your cleaning. So best delete your browser history lads ?

When you look at those sort of time and money savings compounded over a year or even working lifetime its staggering!

All example of potential savings made here, very crude maths but principal applies to most of us

Just did the maths, 24 work days saved over a 12 month cycle based on an 8 hour day or £ 4800 if you used that time to clean based on a £200 8 hour day

Roughly £2160 saved on fuel based on £60 full tank not taking into account wear and tear

£6960 equivalent* savings 

* if you were to clean the extra hours you saved collecting. 

When people look at it like that they’ll understand why many of us are so keen on GC.

It really depends.

1. Facebook 

I just send them a message with all the details by messager, this includes the gocardless link.

2. Door sales

I give them the quote and before I leave ask for the phone number and I text them the gocardless link. 

You can improve your door sales by adding a tablet and giving the customer the tablet to sign up. You can do this while your cleaning. So best delete your browser history lads ?
I do the second method mostly 

All example of potential savings made here, very crude maths but principal applies to most of us
Just did the maths, 24 work days saved over a 12 month cycle based on an 8 hour day or £ 4800 if you used that time to clean based on a £200 8 hour day
Roughly £2160 saved on fuel based on £60 full tank not taking into account wear and tear

£6960 equivalent* savings 

* if you were to clean the extra hours you saved collecting. 

When people look at it like that they’ll understand why many of us are so keen on GC.
It's all good, increasing income doesn't just have to be about taking on more work, finding a way to maximise profits like GC instead of cash collections is beneficial in many ways not justify financially

County Durham Lad

I'm slowly trying to get more and more of my customers to sign up to GC. Mainly at first the ones who I know are never in when I clean. Next I'm targeting the 'sorry mate I've got no cash on me' ones. Iron Giant is right it's all the extra fuel and wear and tear on the van with collecting I'm bothered about.

It's all good, increasing income doesn't just have to be about taking on more work, finding a way to maximise profits like GC instead of cash collections is beneficial in many ways not justify financially

County Durham Lad

Perfect Logic, Time is Money. I was thinking of charging people to go cashless more so I don't absorb the charges and slightly increase my margin. Its a good way of 2 birds 1 stone, Go cashless & increase prices at same time, reason, you say the charges I have to pay. :1f609:

Perfect Logic, Time is Money. I was thinking of charging people to go cashless more so I don't absorb the charges and slightly increase my margin. Its a good way of 2 birds 1 stone, Go cashless & increase prices at same time, reason, you say the charges I have to pay. :1f609:
Just price right is all, Yes i am being charged to use GC but its a dam sight less than £180 a month and i have my sanity well managed cash flow and can come home and chill after each work day and spend far to much time on here :1f602: ,

I would estimate that with vehicle running cost savings plus the 16 hours a week i am not chasing money is easily saving me in excess of 5k a year, Spending time doing other stuff that i enjoy not work related, But I can also focus on building my business via fb, website etc. 

Just price right is all, Yes i am being charged to use GC but its a dam sight less than £180 a month and i have my sanity well managed cash flow and can come home and chill after each work day and spend far to much time on here :1f602: ,

I would estimate that with vehicle running cost savings plus the 16 hours a week i am not chasing money is easily saving me in excess of 5k a year, Spending time doing other stuff that i enjoy not work related, But I can also focus on building my business via fb, website etc. 

Some people might not realise, a lot of knowledge on here. Money comes to knowledge as Emerson said. My hobby is reading as I have a thirst for knowledge. :1f609:

Back