Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on this...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It will suffice for applying chems

The pump may not last for ages due to the corrosive nature of hypo but ypu can get a replacement with viton seals for just a few quid if it breaks

It will suffice for applying chems

The pump may not last for ages due to the corrosive nature of hypo but ypu can get a replacement with viton seals for just a few quid if it breaks
Cheers, so 3.1 litres min is adequate, can’t picture if that’s a reasonable distribution or not, what’s the IPS Pro rated as...just so I can compare?

No idea on the ips but 3lpm is adequate for applying hypo just not as quick as a bigger setup

Good enough though

This isn't me but is done with backpack the same as I would do it

Last edited by a moderator:
7 minutes ago, Dave B said:

No idea on the ips but 3lpm is adequate for applying hypo just not as quick as a bigger setup

Good enough though

Good video. I thought one would have started at the top rather than the bottom? Must be a reason for it.

11 minutes ago, Dave B said:

Good enough though

Wouldn’t be happy living on that street, see the speed of those cars going by, someone’s gonna get killed sooner or later ? 

ok cheers for the info, 

Good video. I thought one would have started at the top rather than the bottom? Must be a reason for it.
There is a reason for it

You get a more effective clean and actually use less chems that way

As you apply it any hypo/biocide that would have been wasted runs on to the already treated surface below giving it another application in effect

By the time you do the top bit the bottom would have had a fair bit of treatment

Last edited by a moderator:
Different depending where you are but I would do the whole house for that price easily in a few hrs

Interested in starting out softwashing, just came across this & wondered if it would be fit for purpose, I’m looking to clean drives, patios etc? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PUSH-TYPE-TROLLEY-SPRAYER-20-LITRE-12VOLT-RECHARGABLE-BATTERY-NOT-KNAPSACK/332181329273?hash=item4d578cd579:g:a1gAAOSwU8hY7k0N

Very poor poor battery life between charges only 2 hours , 20 ltr capacity is ok but not great , personally we use a Gardiners back pack which is considerably cheaper 8 hours work before it needs re charging and holds about 22 ltr we have mounted ours on a sack truck works a treat , it’s not designed to spray hypo and will probably invalidate the guarantee but we get about 3 years out of one before it fails and at around £90 that’s very good value just flush it through at the end of the day with tap water job done , one job and it’s paid for it’s self , we also use it for gfs cleans with virosol

714E5531-7729-43BA-A010-7B25CCCA213A.jpeg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very poor poor battery life between charges only 2 hours , 20 ltr capacity is ok but not great , personally we use a Gardiners back pack which is considerably cheaper 8 hours work before it needs re charging and holds about 22 ltr we have mounted ours on a sack truck works a treat , it’s not designed to spray hypo and will probably invalidate the guarantee but we get about 3 years out of one before it fails and at around £90 that’s very good value just flush it through at the end of the day with tap water job done , one job and it’s paid for it’s self , we also use it for gfs cleans with virosol

View attachment 13258
Ok cheers, well I do have a gardiners back pack & a trolley, looks like you have extended the hose...correct?

what lance/spray nozzle are you using with that setup?

There is a reason for it

You get a more effective clean and actually use less chems that way

As you apply it any hypo/biocide that would have been wasted runs on to the already treated surface below giving it another application in effect

By the time you do the top bit the bottom would have had a fair bit of treatment
Also another reason for it. Working from the bottom up prevents it from drying out. If you start at the top, by the time you get to the bottom if it's a warm day the top might have dried. Not sure if this is an issue with hypo as I've never used it but on the instructions with most TFR's say to do it like that.

View attachment 13258
Yeh I’m going to get another back pack as I still need 1 for a few jobs. Getting the longer hose is a great idea, about the sprayer that comes with it, is the end nozzle suitable for applying chems?  

(If you were doing just a patio or drive etc)

I’ve got a pole with a soft wash nozzle for when I do high stuff

Yeh I’m going to get another back pack as I still need 1 for a few jobs. Getting the longer hose is a great idea, about the sprayer that comes with it, is the end nozzle suitable for applying chems?  

(If you were doing just a patio or drive etc)

I’ve got a pole with a soft wash nozzle for when I do high stuff

The back pack pack didn’t come with a spraying lance I already had made my own but I guess if you could fit an easy snap connection on any lance then it should work ok 

Latest Posts

Back