Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split relay or direct van battery.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spartan

Hi,

Anyone just wire straight to their van battery or do you all have leisure battery to bench  charge or split relay charge?

was thinking of Not having the extra battery altogether - bad idea?

i do about an hours driving before first job I’d need wfp and half hour drive home minimum (the curse of London living)

cheers lads, hope your Saturday is treating you well  :1f44d:

Grippatank fitted an SCR to my van mount over a year ago, it's a Numax 110 and I've never had to charge it.
Some contributers on here bench charge a couple of times a week to keep their battery topped up to prolong its life, I do about 150 miles a week.
If I get another year out of the battery without replacing it I'd consider good value without having to touch it.
The trouble in my small van the location isn't to easy to get at it and you have to stretch a bit to get the crocodiles on to it.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi,

Anyone just wire straight to their van battery or do you all have leisure battery to bench  charge or split relay charge?

was thinking of Not having the extra battery altogether - bad idea?

i do about an hours driving before first job I’d need wfp and half hour drive home minimum (the curse of London living)

cheers lads, hope your Saturday is treating you well  :1f44d:
With that much driving you'd get away with using your van battery a bit, maybe a couple of hours depending on its capacity and state of charge, but it's a risk obviously.

I used to have my van battery wired up as a backup and if my leisure battery died I could flip a switch and be on the van power. It worked ok but I did use it too long one day and it didn't start.

You would have to make sure it's a decent battery in good condition and monitor the voltage but even then you could get stranded. Pumps can fail and start drawing significantly more power than they should. 

I have it completely separate now as it's better for your starter batteries health to keep it as fully charged as possible.

Having a good drive though would be good for using a split charge relay on a separate battery.

Cheers Skx,

i think I better spring to the extra battery and relay.

thanks lads for your perspectives and info/experiences.

great forum :1f44c:

Back