Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp on leaded lights , have pulled a few bits of lead wires off , any ideas as how to glue back on ?

Its not your problem mate, I always explain that it may possibly happen before I do any work on lead.

If it comes loose its because its old or not installed properly, I personally wouldn't touch it.

These are handy for lead repairs.  

wallpaper roller.jpg

Get the lead and glass clean and dry, apply very sparingly your adhesive of choice.   Once you got it generally back in place these little wallpaper rollers are real good for smoothing it back nice and flat again. 

In the past I have cut it back to the join or edge, cleaned off any residual glue off and replaced. I picked up a roll of stick on lead from a glazing company. I found that the old stuff stretches when it's been dislodged by our brushes, that makes it harder to re -stick 

I don't do that now, just use a soft brush and tell the customer cheap glue was used when manufactured ?

Back