Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad belt and pouches

Den

Was in B&Q today and saw a tool belt makes a great trad belt with pouches more than I need as I’m 99.9 wfp apart from internals.

padded belt with punches aren’t over big87F988D0-794D-4D19-964F-DD3853A398FF.jpegDB103C4F-71D0-4CC7-BCDE-2B1F76BEC0E2.jpeg5E755D92-445B-4572-BA66-54FD94E26F56.jpeg but defo do the job.

hooks on both pouches for extra squeegees bottles holders and much more, zipped compartments for money phones etc all for £14.85 and the best bit it’s colour coded lol.

A4BF4606-B61B-4613-A7FD-DE166CC18687.jpeg

The pouches are as good if not better quality than my unger ergotec punches, the padded belt is also really good and comfortable, I honestly recommend anyone going to B&Q to check these out you really won't be disappointed.

No just showing how much you get for your money  I Normally Only have one pouch a boab two combinators in the boab spray bottle in pouch for when I  trad indoors. I'm WFP 99.9 of the time so only have a pouch with a sill cloth and 6" squeeze, the point of the post is for people to see what you get for £14.85 as there is a lot of trad cleaners that carry much more stuff than I will ever need.

Looks way to bulky the belt is massive and if the 2 pouches are fixed for me would be overkill. I used wear the unger padded belt and ergotec pouch for well over 10 years. 

But I bought the Moerman side-kit a few months ago yes its pricey being over £20.00 but its lightweight has plenty of room with a good size front pocket for holding postcard size calling cards and my phone, The removable belt clips mean I can just put them on my  normal leather belt on work trousers and easy to clip off and place in back of the van. 

I am wfp but carry a cloth for sills, wiping down hose and around doors, but plenty of room for a spray bottle and squeegee for covered and tiled floor doorways. 

The pouches are smaller than the unger ergotec pouche and better quality I also use the unger belt and ergotec pouch with just a sill cloth and 6” squeegee to clean between frame and sill being 99.9 wfp that’s all I need and in our cases would be overkill to wear this.

the pouches are not fixed they easily slide on and off can have one pouches or just wear the belt which is also padded.

posted this in the trad section for the trad boys that carry 7 or 8 squeegees Two bottles and many ofther thing like polz and bladz and trad man among many others.

title of This thread is call Trad belt and pouches just Showing what you can get on a budget for the trad guys that’s why it’s posted in the trad section.

I live approx 30 miles from where I was born but still visit friends and family which five of them lives in bungalows and I clean their windows for them when visiting in my car better than taking barrels of water and trolley so I will use this instead on them occasions. 

The beauty of the quick release belts is that they takes seconds to put on or take off this is the same mechanism as the meorman side pouches that as two mechanism.

the lads I see wearing the trad belt fully loaded are be better off wearing the correct belts for the jobs instead of a trouser belt.

The pouches are smaller than the unger ergotec pouche and better quality I also use the unger belt and ergotec pouch with just a sill cloth and 6” squeegee to clean between frame and sill being 99.9 wfp that’s all I need and in our cases would be overkill to wear this.

the pouches are not fixed they easily slide on and off can have one pouches or just wear the belt which is also padded.

posted this in the trad section for the trad boys that carry 7 or 8 squeegees Two bottles and many ofther thing like polz and bladz and trad man among many others.

title of This thread is call Trad belt and pouches just Showing what you can get on a budget for the trad guys that’s why it’s posted in the trad section.

I live approx 30 miles from where I was born but still visit friends and family which five of them lives in bungalows and I clean their windows for them when visiting in my car better than taking barrels of water and trolley so I will use this instead on them occasions. 

The beauty of the quick release belts is that they takes seconds to put on or take off this is the same mechanism as the meorman side pouches that as two mechanism.

the lads I see wearing the trad belt fully loaded are be better off wearing the correct belts for the jobs instead of a trouser belt.

Cheap as Chips

Hello mate, that seems like a lot of gear hanging off you I don't know if I could handle all that stuff hanging on me! 

But I'm going to get one of those belt and pouch, my ergotech pouch is ready for the knackers yard.

Hello mate, that seems like a lot of gear hanging off you I don't know if I could handle all that stuff hanging on me! 

But I'm going to get one of those belt and pouch, my ergotech pouch is ready for the knackers yard.
Personally I wouldnt wear all that stuff either as I’m wfp, but today new customer internals massive job 60’ long glass several doors internalglass stair bannisters only use my 10” and 14” combinators boab etgotec pouche inside the pouch spray bottle and detail cloth with a scrim over my shoulder the one pouch more than enough for me.

I only ever use a applicator and squeegee on two customers bungalows thats the only trad jobs I have because there are plant pots and flower beds everywhere and quicker than wfp. 

Also use the applicator and squeegee for when I’m visiting friends and family 30 odd miles away they are also have bungalows. 

Like I said check it out if in B&Q multiple uses for diy, window cleaning etc.

I have pair of snickers work trousers with sidepockets, perfect for cloths, cards, plastic scraper, pen, invoice book etc. Unger scraper holsters onto side too. Hate wearing boabs. I have to bend down alot and so uncomfortable on stomach. Have 3 different boabs and don't like any of them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back