Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Hi this pressure washer has little use and I was using it for this first time this year and thought I had ran out of water. When I came back the water was coming out the pump and I noticed bolts had broken holding it together. This was bought from jet Mac and is out of warranty . Contacted jet Mac and he said it if I sent it back he would sort it . But originally tried to get out of it with saying that that it wasn’t a commercial pump but on his website it states it is. Now he’s saying he emailed the picture to the Italian pump maker and said that he can’t repair it as it’s frost damage and. The water has expanded  and sheared the bolts and it would be to time consuming to remove the bolts. Surely frost damage wouldn’t have occurred if it was kept in the garage all winter and also wouldn’t have sheared bolts?!

He said he would split a pump and send me the part at £125  @Eviestevie any knowledge on this mate 

241E9D02-F7D3-4BAE-B2F1-90F39598DDCD.jpeg

B56951A5-1386-4EBD-9AE0-F56926862F12.jpeg

D2BA403B-E1C1-4198-8B0F-74597891D2CE.jpeg

Hi this pressure washer has little use and I was using it for this first time this year and thought I had ran out of water. When I came back the water was coming out the pump and I noticed bolts had broken holding it together. This was bought from jet Mac and is out of warranty . Contacted jet Mac and he said it if I sent it back he would sort it . But originally tried to get out of it with saying that that it wasn’t a commercial pump but on his website it states it is. Now he’s saying he emailed the picture to the Italian pump maker and said that he can’t repair it as it’s frost damage and. The water has expanded  and sheared the bolts and it would be to time consuming to remove the bolts. Surely frost damage wouldn’t have occurred if it was kept in the garage all winter and also wouldn’t have sheared bolts?!

He said he would split a pump and send me the part at £125  @Eviestevie any knowledge on this mate 

View attachment 13278

View attachment 13279

View attachment 13280

Yes never disregard the power of expanded ice. The bolts are mild steel and when become frozen snap like a twig because they are brittle. If the washer is expensive I would try and source new bolts but failing that. £125 seems a price to pay to have it working again. In the winter keep a small 1kw heater in the garage and you will have 0 to fear. Penny wise Pound foolish scenario.

The pump is  ar Italy usually good quality 

If water has been left in pump it is possible it has frozen and expanded 

But seems very expensive for the bolts. 

I'd be tempted to just put another pump on it will he offer one at cost???

Sorry I think he’s basically sending me half the pump for that money. I might have a go at extracting the bolts myself 

Back