Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Box trailer build

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scott.aird

Hi all just in the process of setting up a trailer and wanted to ask on equipment recommendations. I have a 250 tank and the box trailer and have priced a water genie in a box and a battery, barracuda 18 and 100m hose reel all from cleaning warehouse. I would like to find out if there is a better way of doing it don’t mind a diy setup and still trying to work out charging the battery any advice would be great

Hi all just in the process of setting up a trailer and wanted to ask on equipment recommendations. I have a 250 tank and the box trailer and have priced a water genie in a box and a battery, barracuda 18 and 100m hose reel all from cleaning warehouse. I would like to find out if there is a better way of doing it don’t mind a diy setup and still trying to work out charging the battery any advice would be great

First question is; will the trailer carry the weight? The original trailer I bought had 3 x 125 liter tanks on board and it was too heavy for the trailer axle.

http://www.window-tools.com/window-cleaner-trailer-system.htm

It lasted 3 years and had 3 sets of hubs fitted. I doubt it did more than 6000 miles in those 3 years.

In a way that purchase was a waste of money although it got me into wfp.

Algae growth was an issue in summer and the tanks had to be cleaned every couple of weeks as they were not covered. Black tanks would have been better.

Even although the pump box could be taken inside, the pipes linking the tanks froze solid in winter.

My advise is to get rid of the 18' pole and go for an SLX25 or a CLX27 from Gardiners. Daqua sell them and they are located in the south of Scotland although they are more central to east of the country.

If you are thinking of hose from Window Cleaning Warehouse,then several cleaner have complained about the quality of it. They seem to have a bad batch but continue to sell it.

Again Daqua will have good stuff.

Battery charging will depend on the size of the battery.

Securing your trailer against theft is another challenge.

Don't every be tempted to unhitch the trailer from the tow vehicle to turn it around in a cul de sac on a hill. You will reget it.

If I was ever to go down that route again I would go for a braked van trailer with a roller shutter door. But I would rather go the van route (a small Berlingo) and use that. I can't say that my early trailer experiences were positive tbh.

Sorry, its just the way it was for me.

I agree with Spruce, another thing to consider is their a hope in he$$ that you get a trailer and car parked up on small estates and get turned round over 17ft long you will be very lucky

County Durham Lad

http://www.adverts.ie/14053110 any interest in my Trailor set up

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you've got wide roads and not many parked cars on your round I dare say a trailer is viable, but for me narrow streets, cul-de-sac, back entries etc. Would be difficult.
I just drive a Partner van, a lot easier.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you've got wide roads and not many parked cars on your round I dare say a trailer is viable, but for me narrow streets, cul-de-sac, back entries etc. Would be difficult.
I just drive a Partner van, a lot easier.

If the trailer is narrow and short its very difficult to reverse. When I towed mine with a Suzuki Carry Van I would open the back tailgate so I could see what the trailer was doing when reversing. A Carry van is also narrow, but I still couldn't see the trailer in my door mirrors until it was too late. Hate to see how one would manage with a normal car which is wider than my van was.

It doesn't mean it can't be done though. We have a local lad that has a small box trailer with 10 or 12 x 25 liter plastic containers for his trolley. He pulls it with the family's 06 plate Mondeo. He has worked this way for going on 10 years using a Picasso before the Mondeo.

We had a touring caravan for ten years and went everywhere in it, and when we had got onto a site, and once you had mastered the opposite lock it was dead easy.
But boy, when I used to take my little 4x3 garden trailer to the tip I was useless and used to just unhitch it and push it. It was that the pivot point was closer and had seemingly more movement.

Hi thanks for all the feedback I am still going to go ahead with it and will post pics up as I go. 
8c3785406ae29f13b85ae93c8e77ee81.jpg
cfddc336dc70aaf108d9271fbdcce14c.jpg
a18a6ff6cb63ff894a8eac4ee5595d02.jpg

Good Trailor good set up honestly wouldn’t know it’s behind you and yes takes a bit of getting used to reversing

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We had a touring caravan for ten years and went everywhere in it, and when we had got onto a site, and once you had mastered the opposite lock it was dead easy.
But boy, when I used to take my little 4x3 garden trailer to the tip I was useless and used to just unhitch it and push it. It was that the pivot point was closer and had seemingly more movement.

This is exactly what happens. I found the same with my trailer system. Once I saw the trailer turning in my mirrors it was already too late to react to as it had gone too far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt bother a trailer. You Will get trouble everyday parking. 

Got a Peugeot bipper with a 350 l tank . That little sucker fits everywhere  :1f61c:

So here it is my trailer I’m now thinking I would go down the pure Freedom trolley route would I be able to connect it to a reel and leave in the trailer and if I need to get round the backs I can wheel it out? 

E1518A63-44E6-40A1-8B0F-EBC1494DCA08.jpeg

E9878E17-BA76-41DD-93F9-BA138C059FC5.jpeg

Back