Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Autoglym intensive tar remover

Jimmy O

Hi all, was wondering whether anyone has used this to remove glue from stickers on glass ? Worked A treat removing old sign writing on van, usually use de-solv it but I’m out. Thanks. 

B4656FA2-028E-475B-A205-C33701F10CC4.jpeg

Scraper blade will take it off easily

That's what I thought but its like a smear on the glass, cant seem to remove it. Maybe the alcohol will burn it off, I will give it a try. Its as if the window fitters had something on their hands or gloves when fitting the glass unit. Will let you know how I get on.

Its a nightmare when these windy fitters fit the glass units. They leave big paw prints from silicon or expansion foam residue. Upsetting for customer trying to look through their new windows. Hard for us to clean, hopefully the cleaner will work.

I bought 5litres £12.50 and free postage, should last me a while. Been trying to get silicon off glass after my customer got new windows. If this doesn't remove it nothing will.
Just bought a litre for builders clean I have got next week,new glass with labels still on, got some de-solv-it sticky stuff remover that was going to use for labels.....but want the job to be a one hit, turn up ..do it  money in bank, so that or this stuff should do it hopefully for the labels

Hope did you get on with the Silicone mate? Agree that sometimes the scraper doesn't cut it, i try to use a fresh new blade for silicone smears but yeah pain in the back side alright.

Hope did you get on with the Silicone mate? Agree that sometimes the scraper doesn't cut it, i try to use a fresh new blade for silicone smears but yeah pain in the back side alright.
I don't like it when they fit these windows and then manage to leave their silicone paw prints all over the glass, about a year ago I had a customer who had a new installation throughout the house and when she noticed silicone all over the glass the fitter said "don't worry the Window Cleaner will sort it out" I kindly reminded her that this wasn't my job and you should get your fitter back to sort it out.
To this day I still do that job, and that fitter never remedied the situation.
Some people eh.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

Just bought a litre for builders clean I have got next week,new glass with labels still on, got some de-solv-it sticky stuff remover that was going to use for labels.....but want the job to be a one hit, turn up ..do it  money in bank, so that or this stuff should do it hopefully for the labels

Will tell a story regarding labels on glass units. A joiner and I were working on an old folks home with very high glass units. The other guy hit the nail and glass when fixing the wooden bead. A small crack appeared on the glass unit. He said what will I do? I said peel off that label and stick it on over the crack. :1f609:

I don't like it when they fit these windows and then manage to leave their silicone paw prints all over the glass, about a year ago I had a customer who had a new installation throughout the house and when she noticed silicone all over the glass the fitter said "don't worry the Window Cleaner will sort it out" I kindly reminded her that this wasn't my job and you should get your fitter back to sort it out.
To this day I still do that job, and that fitter never remedied the situation.
Some people eh.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

No windy fitter will ever come back, no money in it. In fact after 5yrs they go bust or close the company down because the lifetime warranties come in and no money in it. They set up as Perfect Ltd or Perfect Scotland Ltd, or Perfect Group Ltd and now perfect Scotland Group Ltd.

Got my 5litres of Isopro lets call it alcohol today £12.50 on the net, no wonder the shops are closing down.

Back