Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Draft letter, opinions and advice.

Anything that comes in an envelope through my door if it doesn’t have my name on goes straight in the bin unopened along with all the other junk mail , but if someone knocked on my door looked smart and was polite , and could hold an intelligent conversation I would listen to what they had to say and if I needed what they were offering would give them a go , there is no substitute for the personal approach that’s how I view it anyway , that’s how I started off 20 years ago and haven’t looked back since 

been saying it for years, its never happened. I do a great job.
I'm the same it offers clients a chance to give you shout if for some reason you may have made a mistake as we are all subject to human error and mistakes do happen. 

I had a call from a client a few weeks back letting me know the downstairs bay window hadn't dried very well at all, He wasn't complaining as he put it he said I just thought I would let you know and if you could re-clean the window next time your passing I would really appreciate it, I told him I would be back within the hour and thanked him for being understanding. 

He runs his own upholstery cleaning business so totally understood  and has lost contracts in the past because of human error, But the longterm clients never told him just got someone else and emailed him to say he had lost the contract, He only found out why as he got straight on the phone to ask what the issue was and asked why on earth didn't you let me I would have got someone back out asap. 

Great idea about the the letter Paul, But ditch the envelopes 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of envelopes because it looks different to a flyer and a bit more personal if I jot down the house number on it.

Maybe its not a good idea?

Will probably try a few with and without to see how that goes.

Being brutally honest its a bit boring and there's no "call to action".   Youre supposed to offer something  to grab attention, although i always struggle to think of what it could be

I did a similar letter when i first started and had zero response..hope yours hits the spot!

I don’t stipulate specific frequencies.Most customers will ask “well how often should I have them done”

That then gives me the opportunity to discuss the options available and they then make the decision.If they want 10 or 12 week frequencies it’s ultimately them that decide Personally I feel that this comes across as they have a little bit more control in the process.

All physcological of course.

I don’t stipulate specific frequencies.Most customers will ask “well how often should I have them done”

That then gives me the opportunity to discuss the options available and they then make the decision.If they want 10 or 12 week frequencies it’s ultimately them that decide Personally I feel that this comes across as they have a little bit more control in the process.

All physcological of course.
They dont though mate, that's all I offer!

Most window cleaners around here only offer 4 weekly/monthly so I'm just saying with me they can have longer frequencies.

I have based the info in the letter on the problems customers are having with window cleaners locally. 

They dont though mate, that's all I offer!

Most window cleaners around here only offer 4 weekly/monthly so I'm just saying with me they can have longer frequencies.

I have based the info in the letter on the problems customers are having with window cleaners locally. 
You will know your market Paul, we all aim marketing accordingly. Maybe add that you clean all the windows thoroughly as their is plenty that don't. 

I was talking to another cleaner once working opposite me, He gave the frames a non thorough clean was using what looked like the head off a sweeping brush and working with 30 meters of garden hose whilst he telling me off his woes of window cleaning was swearing like a trooper outside the clients house she was in as well as came out to pay  :1f635:

Back