Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So do you all work in the rain then?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

As all of you are aware, it will be raining pretty much everyday for the next 7 days but it means the end of winter. I noticed this will happen at least once a year where there are constant rain throughout the week.

I'm a traditional window cleaner but find myself sitting in the van alot lately and needless to say my earning went down significantly. Is there anything we can do. Obviously you can push yourself to work through the rain but not everyone like that.

You could offer your customers a rain guarantee. If you feel embarrassed cleaning in the rain (like I do) you can say if the rain totally messes up your windows right after you've been, get in touch and I'll re-do them..?

Yes I clean in rain, also heavy downpour. Makes WFP way faster as the windows often are wet already. Tried on my own windows the other day, they stayed just as clean after the rain stopped.

Yes Got get myself some lightweight waterproofs as I have been using two bomber jackets and been soak thru to the bone this last week. 

As all of you are aware, it will be raining pretty much everyday for the next 7 days but it means the end of winter. I noticed this will happen at least once a year where there are constant rain throughout the week.

I'm a traditional window cleaner but find myself sitting in the van alot lately and needless to say my earning went down significantly. Is there anything we can do. Obviously you can push yourself to work through the rain but not everyone like that.

move with the times and get a wfp system and then the rain will make it easier for you. Win win situation and tell your clients its better to clean windows in the rain. :1f609:

I tell all my customers the works guaranteed, never been called out on it. It helps give the customer confidence in the work if I’m willing to offer that.

I generally do now, I have too much work to be losing loads of days.

I think that's the key to it, get more work than you need that way you can skip or get rid of anyone who won't have it.

I’ll take rain any day of the week. It speeds water fed pole cleaning up big time. Also risk of streaking is much less than in summer. Use less water as the rain helps. When its too hot i sweat and feel minging.
I dont work below zero and i dont work in winds that are sustained 20mph and above, so if i dont work in the rain id never earn a living lol.
In wales it rains two out of every 3 days of the year, so its just the norm really

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've always worked in the rain unless its heavy, I used to get soaked to the skin but invested in some cheap lightweight waterproofs and finally made the switch from trainers to waterproof boots now that I'm not using ladders so much due to the wfp.

Now the rain doesn't really cause me much fuss. :)

Always work in the rain. If it’s torrential all day long I’ll probs knock off an hour or two early. If you don’t work in the rain in this country you would never get owt done. Most customers sympathise as they know you’ve a living to earn but you will always get a sarcastic moaner or two. Only ever been turned away a few times, they then get put to the bottom of the priority pile.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back