Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My pole setup which helped me add profit to my day

I have a question, when you push the rectus female coupler that is inside the protective case into the base of the pole and it clicks onto the male part, how does it line itself up and how doesn't it just push the male part up the pole?

Also would it still work with a univalve like Green pros way of doing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely like the o ring idea. I’m fed up repairing my loose clamps , hopefully this helps 

I have a question, when you push the rectus female coupler that is inside the protective case into the base of the pole and it clicks onto the male part, how does it line itself up and how doesn't it just push the male part up the pole?

He is using Exceed's blue hose which doesn't collapse when pushing against it. The inner walls of the top section of the pipe stop it happening. So you can only couple the hose up when the pole is fully down. The male connector is also fairly centralised so lining the 2 fitting together isn't too difficult.

If you look at one of Steve's video's (if he hasn't taken it down) he will show you that the system works fine with a Univalve. It been discussed on the forums many times so I'm sure a search will bring up something.

What I would need to check is the 'ear' of the O clamp that @Squeaky Clean Dave is using to hold that male rectus fitting to the inner hose tube isn't sticking out enough the scratch the side of his pole as he extends and closes it.

Also he missed showing us how well his black fan jets in his wider brush work when rinsing. My issue with fans is that they don't provide enough of a flow of water down the glass to flush the bits a grit of the washed glass pane. This may not be an isuue inland, but being on the NE coast this is a real problem and the reason why pencil jets are my first rinsing choice.

I also have a 35cm brush but with 4 x 1.4mm jets. I find the extra weight and effort needed to use the brush takes it toll by the end of the day. I don't have a swivel connected to my brush which is a necessity on the brush that width to get into corners. My personal preference isn't to use a swivel as I don't get on with them - I prefer a fixed head, so a small brush combination using 2mm jets is what I've settled on. I mainly rinse off the glass.

In typical Steve style, he has removed the tutorial video on his site even although he refers to the video on his FAQ page.

Mark Munro has done a video on the workings of the hose less system and you will get an idea how it works.

I've found that if you come across a video made by Steve that interests you, go onto Youtube and download it as the chances are it will be gone next time you want to view it.

Thanks, looking at that video though, it looks as though there is a washer to stop the male connector moving and keep it centralised.

I assume the section 1 would have to be cut shorter than the rest for this to work?

Screenshot_20180401-104546~2.png

beofre the exceed kit came out i made my own hoseless kit and to keep it centralised and easy to connect onto i used a john guest push fit insert that fits just right inside the top section but then stuck a male rectus with glue into the pole hose with no hose clamp and then i got a piece of  2-3 cm cut off piece of 8mm reel hose which i slid over the pole hose and again glued that then finally stuck it all into the john guest insert and its absolutely solid and easy to connect onto.

i eventually bought the xceed kit when it came out but went back to my own made kit but just kept the exceed sleeve which has been great!

I bought the exceed set up when it first came out ditched it after one house as issues with connecting and disconnection, If you typically add extensions onto a everyday pole as and when required then a simpler set up is to have around 12" of pole house trailing out the the bottom of the pole with rectus fitting.

Hi all sorry for not answering any of your questions I’ve been away from my phone yesterday. 

1. You can cut down the 1st section but Steve from Exceed set my pole up when I first had it and he put a collar around the top of the 1st section so it can’t drop all the way down. That way you don’t loose any length from your pole

85C8F0EF-CCCE-473B-855A-7E4132265132.jpeg

1 hour ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

This is my massively over simplified version of tubeless. 

Same as mine almost but I have the female fitting on hose in pole. Saves messing on setting up the exceed version as isn't really needed imho

3. The ear on the o-clip is small enough that it doesn’t rub the inside of the other pole

4. The sleeve that holds the female rectus fitting is only long enough to fit inside the pole so helps hold it firm enough to push it in and helps locate it

5 will post some photos of the fan jets tomorrow when I’m back at work. I find they give the water a good spread. I used to use x4 2mm pencil jets but have been using the pencil for a while and quite like them. 

Back