Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New MOT Rules.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dmw

Just read an interesting article about the new rules coming in May.

If for example your engine is showing a bit of smoke and you book it in now to beat the deadline to get 12 months ticket and it fails on other things, your van will be classed as a fail and your current MOT cancelled so you could be prosecuted after leaving the Test Centre.

Food for thought.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

I questioned that with the dvsa after a garage told me my mot was invalid after my car failed even though I had 1 month remaining on Mot ..... so Dvsa told me nothing cancels your existing mot date until the date shown on expiry .... However if you was pulled over or had a crash you could be prosecuted for driving an unsafe vehicle knowingly with faults ..... also it will still stand that any vehicle can be driven to and from a booked mot centre without a valid mot but must be insured

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just read an interesting article about the new rules coming in May.

If for example your engine is showing a bit of smoke and you book it in now to beat the deadline to get 12 months ticket and it fails on other things, your van will be classed as a fail and your current MOT cancelled so you could be prosecuted after leaving the Test Centre.

Food for thought.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire
Interesting, they are miserable gits. Glad I had mine done. Squeezing the working man all angles. 

It seems they are anti-diesel now. Once everyone has changed to diesel they pull the rug so we all have to go petrol or electric or whatever else they think of. Good for the car industry but we don't build cars in Scotland. :1f602:

Back