Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

vauxhall vivaro CREW CAB

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ppads52

im beginning to do more and more wfp window cleaning, im outgrowing the trailer ive got, it carries a 350 litre tank. does anyone use a vauxhall vivaro CREW CAB? if so can you fit a 2 man set up in the back? also what size tank can you fit in, thanks.

im beginning to do more and more wfp window cleaning, im outgrowing the trailer ive got, it carries a 350 litre tank. does anyone use a vauxhall vivaro CREW CAB? if so can you fit a 2 man set up in the back? also what size tank can you fit in, thanks.
I've got one. I only use a 350 tank but can also fit my gutter hoover and pressure washer plus all associated gear in. Loadsa room

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

So doesn’t having a large tank over just the rear axel overload it?

The wife and I are about to start fostering and trying to work out how I can get two car seats in a van being as you can’t have them in the middle of the bench seat apparently 

So doesn’t having a large tank over just the rear axel overload it?

The wife and I are about to start fostering and trying to work out how I can get two car seats in a van being as you can’t have them in the middle of the bench seat apparently 
Huh?

I can't see anything that disallows this in the regulations. I have a Citroen Relay and have 2 car seats across the passenger bench seat when I take the grandchildren to and from school on Wednesdays. They are 6 and 4.

Its you responsibility to ensure that the children are safe and secure and as long as they are in the recognised car seats, belted in correctly I can't see a problem.

My biggest concern is the equipment behind the cabin in the cargo area. This is one reason why I have a factory fitted steel bulkhead as it is far superior to the after market ones made from tin cans. I also make sure that I pay more than the usually attention when driving with them, allow a bigger following distance to the vehicles in front and drive slower.

Unless the relay is different?

It was only because a friend mentioned it to me. I spent last night going through online manuals for expert, transit and Vivaro to name a few and they all say/show that car seats should only be put on the outer/passenger seat not the middle seat. 

And yes I wouldn’t dream of having kids in a van without a bulk head (or myself for that matter). Thankfully I will normally be doing school pick up so water tank will be low or empty and it’s all 30mph between home and school. 

Unless the relay is different?

It was only because a friend mentioned it to me. I spent last night going through online manuals for expert, transit and Vivaro to name a few and they all say/show that car seats should only be put on the outer/passenger seat not the middle seat. 

And yes I wouldn’t dream of having kids in a van without a bulk head (or myself for that matter). Thankfully I will normally be doing school pick up so water tank will be low or empty and it’s all 30mph between home and school. 

I have dug out my van manual for my soon to be kitted out 62 plate Peugeot Boxer.

It clearly states that 2 children's car seats can be fitted to the dual passenger/bench seat provided that the correct seat is used for the age /weight group the children fit into.

There is a requirement as far as what car seat is required for their age. When they are babies they need to be 'rear facing' but I don't know at what age or weight they can become 'forward facing.' We left that to daughter in law to tell us what car seats to buy when.

It then adds a note. Children under the age of 10 must not travel in the 'forward facing' position on the front passenger seat unless the rear seats are already occupied by other children, cannot be used or are absent. 

Under Crew cab it states. Do not instal child seats , booster cushions or carrycots on the rear seats of the cab.

Now on my van I have a 'permanent' single car seat on the center position and take the second seat from the wife's car on a Wednesday for the other one.

As per you, the school is an mile away and within 20 and 30mph zones. Any accident would hopefully only be minor and not life threatening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I need to start looking at a boxer then. 

Thanks @spruce

and sorry to @ppads52 if I’ve taken it off topic

I'm surprised that a Vivaro won't accomodate 2 car seats although I guess the gear lever/consul is the problem.

My son asked a neighbour if he could try both child seats in the new Citroen Berlingo van, the one with the third 'dickie' seat. Both car seats fitted into that and he could drive. The problem was the gear lever. So even that van was wide enough.

I think Dave Kent still visits this forum. He has/had a LWB Vivaro with a rear seat conversion that he also had a tank in the very back behind the passenger seats. I can't remember what size tank he had. You could contact him at Kentkleen in Redcar. He is mainly on Facebook I understand but there is a phone number to contact him if you Google Kentkleen.

Its the usual thing with a van and the children sitting in the front. Grandaughter takes great delight at 4 years old of opening the glove box with her shoe despite being reminded and spoken to every time about not doing it. Grandson sits in the center seat. He changes gear for me and so my van becomes semi automatic on a Wednesday. :1f602:

He also adjusts the heater, switches the blower down/up and changes the radio station/volume as we are driving down the road. He also tells me when to switch on the wipers.  He's stopped/outgrown telling me to turn left/right when we get to an intersection. He also doesn't like it if we let a Mercedes in infront of us but doesn't have an issue with any other car - but only 1, not any more.

Evening gents. I've got a LWB Nissan Primastar (panel van not crew cab) and have two car seats in the front no problem for my 18 month old twins or my 3 year old. Granted they are the slightly slimmer style Group 1,2 + 3 forward facing type. Although i have had a rearward facing one on the passenger side seat this wouldn't fit in the middle like@spruce said the gearstick is in the way.

These are the type that fit fine-

http://www.kiddicare.com/p/Kiddicare_Traffic_SP_Group_1_2_3_Car_Seat_in_Black_and_Grey.htm?product_id=590057&utm_source=pla&affiliate=KC-google-shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw75HWBRAwEiwAdzefxIgaMHPXwgzc3JHEyZ4vUgvtj9NswtxXNCjQAOHDM0qwtG_zVlorLxoCGVYQAvD_BwE

I Just have to remind the 3 year old not to flick the hazard warning lights on with his feet on the console!

One of the other lads at KentKleen used to have a crew cab vivaro with a 900 litre tank in the back with a 2 man set up but it's since gone to the great scrap yard in the sky and they use a vivaro panel now.

is your tank upright or flat? whats it like for weight cos i will be ferrying a 4 man crew in it too, with ladders, you reckon it would be ok?
Nobody can give you a definitive answer to that on here as we are window cleaners and don't have that level of expertise. :1f609:

You need to do the maths with regard to the weight of the crew, the conversion and tank size and weight placement according to the formula of weight distribution.

You need to know the axle weights loaded and unloaded. Your vehicle's manufacturing plate will give you the maximum weights and if your are very fortunate, the minimum weights as well. If not, you will have to go scratching through your vehicles specifications to find them. You might even have to phone Vauxhall Technical for that info with your reg number and/or chassis number.

The formula is on this thread.

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/15870-tank-position/#post-279971

Of course, the only accurate way is to fit everything together, fill the tanks (diesel and water) and the crew and put the vehicle on a weighbridge.

Don't forget the ladders and roof racks.

Evening gents. I've got a LWB Nissan Primastar (panel van not crew cab) and have two car seats in the front no problem for my 18 month old twins or my 3 year old. Granted they are the slightly slimmer style Group 1,2 + 3 forward facing type. Although i have had a rearward facing one on the passenger side seat this wouldn't fit in the middle like@spruce said the gearstick is in the way.

These are the type that fit fine-

http://www.kiddicare.com/p/Kiddicare_Traffic_SP_Group_1_2_3_Car_Seat_in_Black_and_Grey.htm?product_id=590057&utm_source=pla&affiliate=KC-google-shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw75HWBRAwEiwAdzefxIgaMHPXwgzc3JHEyZ4vUgvtj9NswtxXNCjQAOHDM0qwtG_zVlorLxoCGVYQAvD_BwE

I Just have to remind the 3 year old not to flick the hazard warning lights on with his feet on the console!

One of the other lads at KentKleen used to have a crew cab vivaro with a 900 litre tank in the back with a 2 man set up but it's since gone to the great scrap yard in the sky and they use a vivaro panel now.

900 litre! Was there much room left. 

I'm looking to get one and was hoping to squeeze a 400 litre in there

Sore subject kids are at the moment. The wife moaned I don’t pay enough attention to our kids!

That’s the last time I’m picking the fat one up from school ?

Pub time ?

TWC - with regards to fostering, I would check with your social worker about car seats as the company we fostered with wouldn’t allow kids in the front of a vehicle at all. They will go through it all every time you have new kids and have to complete a safe care policy. It’s all nonsense but I wouldn’t rule out a crew cab

Latest Posts

Back