Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this any good to use

I have no idea.

But you can get other products most window cleaners on here use for a 3rd of the price like ubik etc.

I know everyone likes to try new stuff to find the best cleaner for 1st clean possible hell I myself have tired 6 or 7 different things.

but that's very expensive TFR and from Euro car parts ltd I don't think it be anything special just something with a nice mark up.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use TFR but haven't used that brand. Make sure you dilute it well and wet the windows, fascia etc before applying. Don't let it dry on as it will cause you problems. It does however shift the algae etc very quickly. 

Tfr if it drys on the glass can cause all sorts of problems believe me been there done that ??? also some have wax in them and some have caustic don’t under any cercamstances use those variety’s on windows : a better product is virosol use it at 10-1 and it will work well with out causing problems evan if it dries on the glass it’s fine we have used it for over 10 years without a problem , that tfr you have there is also very expensive 20 ltr of virosol is around £30 delivered 

Best to stick with Ubik, Virsol or Degreaser from screwfix. There is many strengths of tfr I noticed when I was in Bonnymans in Beith. If you use something containing caustic then it will burn the glass. I have did it to my own glass and only way to fix it was to replace the glass unit. Expensive lesson but it could have been on a customers glass!

Thought everyone was content with virosol/ubik & tfr, or do some people believe there are better chems out there still, the above are all proven very effective, why go in search of liquid gold & pay over the odds when any one of the main three will deliver the results?

stick to the tfr that has been recommended throughout the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where’s the best place too get ubik from? Obviously lots of shops online, but anyone know the cheapest, always use TFR but fancy giving Ubik a go now.

Thanks

Ubik or Screwfix degreaser both are good can get degreaser from any screwfix outlet if that makes it easier for you.

Back