Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which wagtail? Need help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ackroyd_82

Hi all. So I’m just starting to do some commercial trad pole work. 

I have 19 years experience as a domestic window cleaner. Never really used a pole though apart from the odd velux here and there. 

Question is - what is the best wagtail to use for pole work? I will try start off with a 14 inch. But would I use the slimline flipper, the pvc flipper, or the new high flyer? What is so different about the high flyer? 

Or should I scrap all those and just get the liquidator? 

And is the wagtail angle arm essential? 

Thanks. 

wagtails dont hold a lot of water its only a thin pad & if the windows are bad you will be dipping it in the bucket all the time.

threw the pad away & sometimes use the wagtail  blade. 

The high flyer is my choice for ground level work but need a spray bottle as it holds next to no water. Angle arm is a very handy tool, unless you’re 6”4 definitely get one. For pole work the only real answer is the moerman excelerator with fliq pad

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The high flyer is my choice for ground level work but need a spray bottle as it holds next to no water. Angle arm is a very handy tool, unless you’re 6”4 definitely get one. For pole work the only real answer is the moerman excelerator with fliq pad

So is the excelerator the best thing now? If so I will get one. Btw what rubber do you use? 

Is the excellerator putting the wagtail out of business now? 

So is the excelerator the best thing now? If so I will get one. Btw what rubber do you use? 
Is the excellerator putting the wagtail out of business now? 
The exelerator is a great tool. Rubber is the liquidator. Wagtails are brilliant tools but hold very little water. I use about 5 different squeegee types they are all good for certain things

I don't do very much pole work but I need to get more this season. I've been using the Excelerator with the 14" and 12" for a bit now but I ordered a 10" and a 14" Wagtail High Flyer. I want to see if the High Flyer is better for closing out on deep sills, which are very common due to the thick and well insulated walls in Alaska.

Back