Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

YouTube videos.......

CHWS

Just curious why so many off yous boys religiously make videos for YouTube. I know the odd video can be helpful for newbies etc. But seriously what is the crack with so many videos and why are yous doing it? Are yous getting better hits for your website or what by swarming YouTube with your videos? Surely you couldn’t have that much time on your hands to faff about making videos all day lol??? Just saying  :1f635:

Just curious why so many off yous boys religiously make videos for YouTube. I know the odd video can be helpful for newbies etc. But seriously what is the crack with so many videos and why are yous doing it? Are yous getting better hits for your website or what by swarming YouTube with your videos? Surely you couldn’t have that much time on your hands to faff about making videos all day lol??? Just saying  :1f635:
To be fair; when I went wfp a year ago a did learn about techniques and some videos were better than others.
On the whole I welcome them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

Free advertising and lets the customers know what you look like. When we meet someone for the first time, one subconscious question arises. Can I trust this person.

Once you reach a certain size and get a good amount of subscribers, YouTube can be a decent side income. Some from advertisements, but very much because of sponsorships.

For the more casual of us, it is often much faster to just shoot a video on your phone and show or explain something, than taking time writing it out and posting it.

It's a simple and easy way to share thoughts and information. 

By @CHWS standards we ought to stop posting here at the forum as well, since we're faffing around giving away things for free, when we should really work. Wait... Maybe he does have a point.  :1f61c:

Brand recognition, can advertise services for new customers but more importantly services to other window cleaners as we are the target audience. Others may be doing it as a hobby or testing the waters for a bit of both. All the ones I’ve seen are helpful. I’d consider something in the future as I like making YouTube vids but it’s an extra bit of work I can’t take on. I think your website will probably be getting higher rankings on google too if they are linked.

do people looking for a windy cleaner look on you tube.? 

Its nothing in the slightest to do with people looking on YouTube for a window cleaner. Your cocky answer makes you look like a mug when I’m asking in the fact does it boost  seo for their website 

Also I do welcome the videos as they have helped me also and I suppose i would be asking for them if they weren’t there. Just more curious as for the people that actually make them and is it helping their website traffic in a sense as their websites are plastered on each video in the description etc.. 

CHWS & AllBOOTYER be nice please guys. 

I make YouTube vids cause they literally take as long to make as they are long a 2 min vid takes just 2 min.  

The how to vids I do are simply to share some tips and advice.  I get a fair few PMs and emails asking advice and it's just as quick to put together a quick YouTube vid. 

Apart from the how to vids the ones where I talk about various aspects of the industry help me as much as they do anyone that watches them. It's a very helpful process to talk through things even just to a camera. 

I don't know if it helps my website if it does that's a bi product.  

If others find them useful that's a bonus.

If you personally have no interest in them the I guess the answer is don't watch them. (No rudeness intended) 

I watch a lot on window cleaning, also gardening and video games on you tube

quite educational. 

Most window cleaners do it to be helpful but a couple have started tossing out any old tripe cause their channel is sponsored by a certain squeegee maker, I won't name names but it's possibly the most modded squeegee in the world and those window cleaners need to keep up quantity as opposed to quality.  

My channel os sponsored by no one but even if it was any review of a product would still be nothing more than my honest opinion. 

But hey. Horses for courses. Perhaps there is a part of the trade you'd like a video on? If I can oblige I will. 

As said earlier though if not your bag don't watch. (Hope you do though) 

I make YouTube vids cause they literally take as long to make as they are long a 2 min vid takes just 2 min.  

The how to vids I do are simply to share some tips and advice.  I get a fair few PMs and emails asking advice and it's just as quick to put together a quick YouTube vid. 

Apart from the how to vids the ones where I talk about various aspects of the industry help me as much as they do anyone that watches them. It's a very helpful process to talk through things even just to a camera. 

If you personally have no interest in them the I guess the answer is don't watch them. (No rudeness intended) 

quite educational. 

Most window cleaners do it to be helpful but a couple have started tossing out any old tripe cause their channel is sponsored by a certain squeegee maker, I won't name names but it's possibly the most modded squeegee in the world and those window cleaners need to keep up quantity as opposed to quality.  

My channel os sponsored by no one but even if it was any review of a product would still be nothing more than my honest opinion. 

But hey. Horses for courses. Perhaps there is a part of the trade you'd like a video on? If I can oblige I will. 

Now that’s an answer I was looking  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

you’ve so much information there you’ve answered any further questions I would of had lol

Came across slightly cocky to me . Would you look for a plumber on YouTube ? 

I did actually. My hot water tap was coughing and spluttering, so I had a look on YouTube. The fella said you had to hold your finger over the end of the tap and turn it on slowly and this would send the airlock back up the pipework and sort out the spluttering. Well, I did exactly as he said but in doing so I soaked the kitchen and myself ?

Never trust these youtube guys, they're all cowboys ?

quite educational. 

hmmm wonder who you could mean [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
say no more say no more [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

hmmm wonder who you could mean
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

say no more say no more
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Initials LB? 

Ooh, that reminds me I must order a constructor brush  :1f911:

Initials LB? 

Ooh, that reminds me I must order a constructor brush  :1f911:

I know who because I was watching videos on the constructor brush the other night with him and reading through the other forum through google lol.

are you ordering one though?

Watched a few videos. 

Some are interesting and helpful, however, there are quite a few out there that just state the bleeding obvious and I get the impression the people making them are wrapped up in their own importance and like the sound of their own voice 

Back