Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streamline ova8 pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Squeaky Clean Windows

Hi guys, i'm looking at getting a new pole am thinking gardiners slx but have my eye on the new ova8 pole from streamline like the idea of the non spinning sections and they do look a decent pole. Has anyone got one tried one would like some reviews on it if possible. Cheers

Hi guys, i'm looking at getting a new pole am thinking gardiners slx but have my eye on the new ova8 pole from streamline like the idea of the non spinning sections and they do look a decent pole. Has anyone got one tried one would like some reviews on it if possible. Cheers

I had a look for you and find it hard to find it and who sells it. I just bought a SLX 18 because its the gold standard on here. I'm not a fan of change till someone tells me otherwise. If you do buy the ova8 then let us know how you get on with it.

I know that pure freedom sell them was looking on their site earlier does look a great pole and good price i'm so tempted, i know gardiners are the favourite it seems but read some negative posts about them recently about sections spinning after a few months use and the clamps not being great. The clamps look good on these ova8 too and the quick push fitting for the brush on the goose neck.

Ok will do.. are you using it Teaboy?

Nope can’t make me mind up yet, we have xline 27 as our main poles but 2 need replacing.

Need the summer to kick start as I need the funds to pay for my spending spree

All these people that say they want staff, remember a bad winter like the one we have and a bad run on equip leaves you with less money that Gandhi’s tailor

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just checked the specs closed length is 1.8m that puts me off I prefer the slx18 and 22 for the shorter lengths.

People saying sections spinning etc, well to a point that's just them I guess we all use our poles differently how extend and collapse a pole how we maintain it etc these are all factors in wear and tear, I don't believe for one minute that a pole won't wear. I had a look at a Phantom pole the other day and the clamps look pretty good although it was the hybrid version I nearly put my back out lifting it out of the stand. 

I do like the idea but it needs to match the weight an rigidity of the Extreme to tempt me over.  And of course the free baseball cap  :1f61c:  
Baseball cap?!  I'll trade you my free pen and reusable coffee mug.

My Gardiners SLX does spin now and again and it can be a little annoying but it's not a big deal at all just tighten the clamp.  Gardiners after sales support & customer service is why I stick with them; they look after you.

Hi Sharif, I have an Ova8 25ft pole, had it 2 weeks now and love it. It’s lighter than an SLX 25, it’s seems rigid enough, haven’t had to much flex in it. Let me know when your in Eastleigh next and you can have a play with it. 

The only problem i have is it is longer than an SLX, so ground floors can be a bit tight sometimes. So I might get a 17ft as well. 

Also if you buy from Wintecs they have a reasonable discount on them. 

Had a good look at the ova 17ft (mark 2 version) this afternoon at the local ladder and windy supply shop. Really lightweight as you'd expect and nice and compact too being only four foot when compressed right down. Price was £334 which now I felt was reasonable and exactly the same as elsewhere. I could complete 90% of my work with this pole I feel

i quizzed the guy about fitting a univalve, he stated they CANNOT be fitted in the pole? Swear I've read they can but it's tight and needs to fitted in the second section? 

on balance they look good for low down work or two storie but I don't be unsure using it at anything above that, like it's been said little flimsy up top but overall I liked the feel in my hands being oval, along with the lack of weight compared to the clx, not to mention its way less cumbersome too.

Had a good look at the ova 17ft (mark 2 version) this afternoon at the local ladder and windy supply shop. Really lightweight as you'd expect and nice and compact too being only four foot when compressed right down. Price was £334 which now I felt was reasonable and exactly the same as elsewhere. I could complete 90% of my work with this pole I feel

i quizzed the guy about fitting a univalve, he stated they CANNOT be fitted in the pole? Swear I've read they can but it's tight and needs to fitted in the second section? 

on balance they look good for low down work or two storie but I don't be unsure using it at anything above that, like it's been said little flimsy up top but overall I liked the feel in my hands being oval, along with the lack of weight compared to the clx, not to mention its way less cumbersome too.
Don’t bother with it lad I got one 40footer bloody heavy and very  whippey  that my opinion from my experience for what it’s worth Ladd 

we had one for 3 months and have just bought another 4 now,

quite impressed with it, the first section could do with being slightly thicker carbon but other than than really impressed

I aint no newbie    been cleaning bloody windows 40 yr  just putting the record  straight      one  question    how many of ya no how to use scrim     why  am I asking  well I met a windy the other day and we got talking  he didn't have a clue 

I aint no newbie    been cleaning bloody windows 40 yr  just putting the record  straight      one  question    how many of ya no how to use scrim     why  am I asking  well I met a windy the other day and we got talking  he didn't have a clue 

Woah calm down sunshine, do plenty of blade work just not outdoors... far too dangerous

Back