Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

After leaving hypo, where you rinse to?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I left these stones to soak then put hose on them but won't all the hypo when being diluted off still drain into plants and kill them? Where would you push the water to? 

DSC_0528.JPG

Lol bit late after doing it to worry about it . 

Before you start soak everything down path grass flowerbeds etc anywhere the runoff will go then put your hypo mix down , adgitate with a brush or just leave it dwell for up to 45 muinits damping down the grass again whilst it’s dwelling then pressure wash or scrub with a broom or what ever you do then give it a thorough rinse with copious amounts of water to dilute it and you will be fine just don’t let it go into ponds as it will kill fish 

Lol bit late after doing it to worry about it . 

Before you start soak everything down path grass flowerbeds etc anywhere the runoff will go then put your hypo mix down , adgitate with a brush or just leave it dwell for up to 45 muinits damping down the grass again whilst it’s dwelling then pressure wash or scrub with a broom or what ever you do then give it a thorough rinse with copious amounts of water to dilute it and you will be fine just don’t let it go into ponds as it will kill fish 
That's what I did, but when you rinse with ' copious' amounts of water it had to go sonewhere so into flower beds and grass. I guess if it's been diluted down enough after an hr it shouldn't kill anything.  The rinsed runoff into the beds still frothed up so worried it was strong enough to kill grass or trees etc

Last edited by a moderator:
After around an hour hypo is dead.. what then kills the plants is mostly salt sodium chloride) that is produced when hypo breaks down

That needs to be watered down well when rinsing as salt will kill plants

After around an hour hypo is dead.. what then kills the plants is mostly salt sodium chloride) that is produced when hypo breaks down

That needs to be watered down well when rinsing as salt will kill plants

Right Dave, after you do the hypo and rinse off, do you re-sand and then Biocide then finally seal if customer wanting it? any help welcome

Flood the plants then I guess not a quick sprinkle.   I put the hypo on quit watery so the hypo/water mix was still puddly on surface.  I guess too much.  It needs to be absorbed by the slabs I guess. This was all a practice run on a few slabs and they're bright and clean.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Flood the plants then I guess not a quick sprinkle.   I put the hypo on quit watery so the hypo/water mix was still puddly on surface.  I guess too much.  It needs to be absorbed by the slabs I guess. This was all a practice run on a few slabs and they're bright and clean.  

Seen it was just a small area, I would have put hypo on sparingly. After an hr I would have brushed and rinsed off. Then I would have done it again to bits that were stubborn. I think the answer is to study the runoff before you begin and use as little as possible even if you have to do it twice. Easy way to upset customer is to kill their beautiful plants before summer has arrived.

You want to give a good soaking to everything then when you apply the hypo it will sit on the surface of the slabs it’s no good if it soaks it up it’s the surface that is dirty and that’s where you want the hypo to be 

You want to give a good soaking to everything then when you apply the hypo it will sit on the surface of the slabs it’s no good if it soaks it up it’s the surface that is dirty and that’s where you want the hypo to be 

Soak the patio stones before? 

Latest Posts

Back