Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Door knocking time of year!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

I am not yet cleaning a full round so when the free days come up I like to see how much I can earn from scratch and how many customers can be added, it’s like a game to beat my high score.

yestarday was a good day even though I started late as Mrs had errands so was with the kids until 11.45.

New customers added to round;

12 confirmed bookings added to round + 2 others that I’m confident will confirm when I call by as “the Mrs is desperate for a window Cleaner” ( I usually convert these sort of leads) +1 to clean when scaffolding comes down as having building work done but wont count it untill I have a date to clean. So 12 confirmed 15 if all works out

Of the 12 I did 6 very deep cleans lots of soapy suds that attract the curtain twitchers  :1f609:  collected £80 from a standing start. Did not charge first clean price as I’m concentrating on making this a compact area and figured I’d use it as a loss leader, time will tell if it was wise or not but love being the boss and makeing the decision, right or wrong!

The area is a council estate that has a tight nit community of many retired folks that worked together in two/three major employers in the town back in the day. I know if I do a good job I’ll get referals. Supposed to be 4 other window cleaners in the area but I’ve not seen any since last summer so probably beer token boys.

Brushing off the blues of a long winter and getting my mojo back and picking up the pace! 

Good to hear, Thursday and Friday I worked 8.30am till 5.20pm two good days and had me shades on both days as sunny.

County Durham Lad

Just had a call from a new customers neighbor who saw me cleaning yestarday but was not in when I knocked, I dropped a flyer through the door, she is now booked in for Monday evening so that makes 13 confirmed appointments or 16 if all work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back