Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hoselock keeps bursting off di vessel under pressure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CM Cleaning Services

Ok guys help needed please

So I run a double di set up and my issue is my hose lock connection on the inlet directly from the pump bursts when I increase my pump controller level above 45 !!!

I have replaced hose locks , checked di vessel connections both di vessels are less than 1year old new from WCW and operate fine until I increase my pump controller above 45 then my connection on the inlet nearest the pump always burst off flooding the van :/

On normal cleans I can and have managed this long with a lower pressure of water however some recent first cleans I've wanted a bit more blast and can't because of it bursting

Thanks for any replies

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ok guys help needed please

So I run a double di set up and my issue is my hose lock connection on the inlet directly from the pump bursts when I increase my pump controller level above 45 !!!

I have replaced hose locks , checked di vessel connections both di vessels are less than 1year old new from WCW and operate fine until I increase my pump controller above 45 then my connection on the inlet nearest the pump always burst off flooding the van :/

On normal cleans I can and have managed this long with a lower pressure of water however some recent first cleans I've wanted a bit more blast and can't because of it bursting

Thanks for any replies

As a temporary measure you could ty it to the reel or tape it to the reel from back of both connectors. But as 007 says, better fittings.

Move the DI before the pump, so you suck water through them rather than push. Works fine for me, though I use the most expensive metal hozelocks.

Is that ok to do put them before pump rather than after

Yes why wouldn't it be? The water needs to be moved through the granulate, that's it. I've done it for years with no issues.

Edit: just read some people say a pressure vessel can't be used as a vacuum vessel for some reason. So might need a second opinion on this.

As @Pjj says, the hozelocks male type that are screwed into the tank can develop cracks, and the o rings on them can wear out. Remember to change those as well, not only the female types.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys another thought .... I have microbore hose from pump to the first di inlet now the outlet to inlet on the next di is standard garden hose then microbore hose from output to reel ...... could the normal hose between di vessels be the problem ??? As it will allow more water through between the di vessel but its too much to get through microbore hose out so causing back pressure to burst ????

I have hozelock connectors from the pump outlet to 1/2" hose and then to a hozelock connector on the reel inlet. Two places where they are receiving the full pressure of the pump. I have a boost button on a remote that bypasses my flow controller and wires the pump (shurflo 100psi) directly to my battery (110ah) giving it the max pressure possible when I need it and it's never blown off either connector. They are only plastic ones too but I even used to use cheap £1 ones too with no issues.

If yours are blowing off with new ones then there's definitely something wrong.

Possibly your pump isn't turning off early enough when the pressure builds after closing the tap. Does it sound like it's labouring for a long time after you turn the water off?

Also when you said you've replaced them, did you change both parts or just the female coupler? If the male connector is worn/badly made even a new female connector will pop off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back